• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Any one getting together for a fall 2013 gtg?

I was thinking maybe we could do the zip line or something as well up there. There are a few things still open sept-oct. I hear ya guys about the timming I have a few projects going on as well so it would be about the "when".

I am thinking about going to Mt Washington some time in the next 2 weeks, right now thinking Sept 28/29 or Oct5/6. Not really planning on the leaves being changed, but more of just a chance to get up there while its still somewhat pleasant. Long range forecasts show both weekends to be favorable, as long as it isn't snowing or sleeting I'll be happy, having the sun out would be preferable, and not open to doing it on Columbus day.

Hey James,
I'd love to do a Mt Washington unfortunantly it is about timming and as of right now I may have to work on the 28 & 29 and then on Oct 5 I have a birthday party  :E: But I will know more about having to work or not sometime next week. i think those two weekends were my only "booked" weekends lol.

Yeah, this time of the year it gets hard to schedule things, those two weekends seemed to be the best, when you get towards the middle of Oct and beyond, then the weather at 6000 ft becomes a crap shoot, so I figure earlier is going to be better.

James I talked things over with the wife and even if I didnt have to work next week she couldnt go due to a charity run for a friends son who was wounded in Afghanistan on Sat. I can miss the birthday on the 5th shhhhh lol Were you thinking a one day event or two days?

Right now, just a one day, probably Sat, hopefully the weather will be good. I may end up spending the night up there and then drive home Sun.

Ewwwww .... NO NICK!!!!  chocolate ... but honestly ... been trying to avoid junk food!!!

So no b-day cake.
Thought it might be cool on top of Mt Washington.

Hey whats a B-day without cake????? Esp on Mt Washington.. besides at that altitude there are fewer calories in food...... LOL

I prefer chocolate, but I don't think I have time to get to Mt Washington today.  >:D

You can bring cake .... but don't expect the birthday girl to have more than a few bites!!

Back