Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 30  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wyotonka build thread  (Read 142857 times)

wyotonka

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • WyoTonka
Re: Wyotonka build thread
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2013, 20:31:19 PM »

Dluvr22 I know my electrical mods are coming to mind too but none are wired into something that would be on with the key out otherwise things could get crazy  :laugh:

Dakotawik it already has power folding mirrors I'm putting a model in that will fold in the mirrors when the key is pulled and fold out the mirrors when the key is put in ... And that's only my mod list for what I have the parts for right now  :laugh: my actuall mod list is a sore sight for the wallet lol

Blue led interior swap
Bull bar with color matched skid plate
Led bar for bull bar
50" led bar across the top <that one is still a maybe... Haven't seen one in person
Power locking tailgate (possibly saddlebags)
Amber led bars down the sides
Modify stock headlights to halo projectors
Swap fog lights to super white
DRL and turn signal ambers led
Performance plugs and wires
Finnish exhaust (leaning towards ecutouts)
Semi horn<-- have the parts for that one  :E:
Dual batteries
Cup holder mod in tailgate
Boat drain plug in driver side saddle bag
Led strips for cargo lights
Black billet fuel door
Black Chevrolet lettering on tailgate
And possibly street glow...had it on my jeep and loved it

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

Dakotawilk

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2013, 20:43:43 PM »

oh I get you on the mirrors now I was like myn power fold don't yours?? haha cool and I saw a pickup with ambler leds down the side it looked so sweet! and I also saw one the led tailgate bar they had it on both sides so when he turned on his turn signal front half or back half flashed  :badidea: the led bar for the roof theres a thread on here he has one looked good! DANG IT wyotonka my upgrade list just became what I had plus 90% of yours oh I also have a old cb to install that I wanna do as for exhaust I have magnaflow sounds SO SICK easily my favorite part of the truck!
Current mods
Cb radio, 40" curved led bar, torsion keys, raptor lights, rear bed LEDs, plasti dipped avalanche logos interior power bar bow tie, 12,000lb (going in steel bumper) 2 led cubes leveling kit magnaflow exhaust
Future mods,
35" Goodyear wranglers mtr's, covering seat covers, upgraded front rotors, steel bumper (deigning it now), led cubes (ordered), front bench seat, subs, rear 2" spacers, 6" lift (after college) projector headlights, led tail lights

wyotonka

• WyoTonka
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2013, 21:03:38 PM »

:laugh: yea mods are contagious and I can't  believe I left cb off there... When we were in the mtn in my moms hummer a cb would have been helpful and went on the for sure mod list after that escapade and ever since the sail panel LEDs I don't like to waste time thinking about it... Kept that one on the todo list for a year (already done just needed hooked up and put in that whole year) and looking back I only regret not doing it sooner because the look is one of a kind on the road  :thumbsup:

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

wyotonka

• WyoTonka
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2013, 07:36:00 AM »

there was a pretty good sunrise when i got to work this morning  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 9, 2017, 19:09:00 PM by wyotonka »

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

Dluvr22

• CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »

Dang it Wyotonka

That mod list looks like you copied it right of my iPad (with a few differences of course)  :laugh:

Lets see
Blue led interior swap ---------------------------------------------------------------------------red LEDs for me
Bull bar with color matched skid plate -----------------------------------------------------------black with black skid plate
Led bar for bull bar  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------lucky enough to find that cheap so it's done
50" led bar across the top <that one is still a maybe... Haven't seen one in person --------------watching an eBay auction right now but have to pass due to my ignition issues
Power locking tailgate (possibly saddlebags)------------------------------------------------------definitely on my list
Amber led bars down the sides ------------------------------------------------------------------found a sweet deal on Recon White lightning and just waiting to pull the trigger
Modify stock headlights to halo projectors ------------------------------------------------------- doing that too with a slight tweak of my own.  It's meant to be a surprise one off piece so I am keeping my lips sealed
Swap fog lights to super white  -------------------------------------------------------------------swap fogs to HIDs
DRL and turn signal ambers led -------------------------------------------------------------------switchbacks LEDs for turn signals. Went thru 6 sets of LEDs in the DRLs so I quit and stuck with regular amber bulbs
Performance plugs and wires ----------------------------------------------------------------------on my list too.
Finnish exhaust (leaning towards ecutouts)                                                                             dual flowmasters with black tips planned
Semi horn<-- have the parts for that one  banghead ---------------------------------------------100W siren that I rarely use
Dual batteries ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bought parts of another member here cheap but haven't gotten around to putting it in.
Cup holder mod in tailgate -----------------------------------------------------------------------definately a mus for the summer tailgate parties
Boat drain plug in driver side saddle bag ---------------------------------------------------------not on my list
Led strips for cargo lights ------------------------------------------------------------------------02 came with dual cargo lights so my mod was just to put LEDs in place of original bulbs
Black billet fuel door ------------------------------------------------------------------------------same here only I painted over the black to match the rest of my cladding since it was a different shade
Black Chevrolet lettering on tailgate --------------------------------------------------------------not on my list
And possibly street glow...had it on my jeep and loved it-----------------------------------------out grew that unfortunately but you're welcome to put them on as you see fit.

Others for me are seat covers which you've already done.
LOF or the newer model from Recon -----that you've done too.
Push button start for the truck with a twist ( that one is top secret too so I'm not going into details in a public forum)

and much much more
2002 Chevy Avalanche Z-71
Computer installed in vehicle. Rancho 9000 with MyRide controller. Krylon fusion on cladding. K&N intake. Dual battery mod to be completed soon............
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,124979.0.html

Dakotawilk

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2013, 20:40:06 PM »

as I read more forums and the more I look on ebay the more I want to spend money I don't have  :E: like this I found im going to get
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120W-24-Led-Spot-Flood-Combo-Alloy-Work-Bar-Diving-Light-Lamp-Off-Road-4WD-Boat-/130980365216?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e7f09c3a0&vxp=mtr
yup but the list I already have I need todo
led tailgate bar
cb with antenna
and soon much more and build some stuff might make my own grill out of acrylic already made a sweet key chain
Current mods
Cb radio, 40" curved led bar, torsion keys, raptor lights, rear bed LEDs, plasti dipped avalanche logos interior power bar bow tie, 12,000lb (going in steel bumper) 2 led cubes leveling kit magnaflow exhaust
Future mods,
35" Goodyear wranglers mtr's, covering seat covers, upgraded front rotors, steel bumper (deigning it now), led cubes (ordered), front bench seat, subs, rear 2" spacers, 6" lift (after college) projector headlights, led tail lights

Dluvr22

« Reply #56 on: December 1, 2013, 17:54:18 PM »

as I read more forums and the more I look on ebay the more I want to spend money I don't have  :E: like this I found im going to get
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120W-24-Led-Spot-Flood-Combo-Alloy-Work-Bar-Diving-Light-Lamp-Off-Road-4WD-Boat-/130980365216?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e7f09c3a0&vxp=mtr
yup but the list I already have I need todo
led tailgate bar
cb with antenna
and soon much more and build some stuff might make my own grill out of acrylic already made a sweet key chain

That's the exact size of the one in my bull bar.
Computer installed in vehicle. Rancho 9000 with MyRide controller. Krylon fusion on cladding. K&N intake. Dual battery mod to be completed soon............

Dakotawilk

« Reply #57 on: December 1, 2013, 18:10:21 PM »

That's the exact size of the one in my bull bar.
[/quote
what do you think of it does it add a lot more light? if I were to mount it on a brush guard or behind my grill and the tailgate light led bar mod I did yesterday and finished mounting it permantly :)
Current mods
Future mods,

Dluvr22

« Reply #58 on: December 1, 2013, 18:29:57 PM »

Hi
I don't want to hijack Wyotonka's thread but here's a boring video of it in action at night. My dash cam is kinda adjusting for all the light so it is even brighter than it looks in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TFf4DBcUCc

And a pic......

These lights are extremely bright.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2013, 18:32:53 PM by Dluvr22 »

Dakotawilk

« Reply #59 on: December 1, 2013, 18:47:26 PM »

that's cool that was just the led bar?? when u mx in normal headlights can you still tell? its there but that's a cool vid and a very sic avy hey heres a link to my rig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZEx0c3A45E
I haven't figured out how to post pics yet still working on that! :) thanks bro
Current mods
Future mods,

Dluvr22

« Reply #60 on: December 1, 2013, 19:37:39 PM »

The headlights were on at all times. I only switched the LED bar on and off. When they're on, you barely see the difference with the headlights switched on or off.

Dakotawilk

« Reply #61 on: December 1, 2013, 20:07:54 PM »

Sweet bro ok thanks it's going to the top of the list behind 2" lift and tued with brush gaurd
Current mods
Future mods,

wyotonka

• WyoTonka
« Reply #62 on: December 2, 2013, 06:16:29 AM »

its ok dluvr22 your bull bar is the one that made me want an led bar  :laugh: now we just need to get a pic of these 2 trucks next to eachother and send it to gm so maybe they will start making cool colors again  :4:

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

Dakotawilk

« Reply #63 on: December 2, 2013, 06:23:18 AM »

I agree bro myn is charcoal colored kina boring  :beating:hey but good for cops it's boring there :) haha I might add a racing stripe or something
Current mods
Future mods,

tay0016

« Reply #64 on: December 2, 2013, 11:34:42 AM »

I am curious where you found your seat covers. Do those allow armrests to come down? My seats are getting pretty beat up and I like the ways yours look! And how do you like the roof tent?

wyotonka

• WyoTonka
« Reply #65 on: December 2, 2013, 11:42:55 AM »

the roof tent is awesome it still needs sealed so has only been used the one time so far but i like how it keeps you up off the ground
the seat covers are off ebay from a company called IGGEE customs they are holding up great after 2+ years there is a crack in the driver seat now but im pretty sure it started from something in my pocket  :E: mine has the bench seat so i dont know on arm rests but i think they offer them with the arm rests they were great to work with... when you order from them they require you send pics of your seats that way there is no room for error on the description

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

Dakotawilk

« Reply #66 on: December 2, 2013, 12:21:12 PM »

hey wyotonka i figured out something on my avy when i drove up a steep dirt hill at my house screwing around theres your bumper then a separate piece of plastic under the front bumper that is just for looks its bolted on pull it off and you get 2-3'' more ground clearence up front and you never known it was there and its not effercting my gas millage and the non cladded avys already have that cleaanche its only the cladded avys that have it hmmmm....
Current mods
Future mods,

enoniam

• LS Fest 2017
« Reply #67 on: December 2, 2013, 12:31:35 PM »

hey wyotonka i figured out something on my avy when i drove up a steep dirt hill at my house screwing around theres your bumper then a separate piece of plastic under the front bumper that is just for looks its bolted on pull it off and you get 2-3'' more ground clearence up front and you never known it was there and its not effercting my gas millage and the non cladded avys already have that cleaanche its only the cladded avys that have it hmmmm....

That's the optional front air dam - not all cladded AVs came with it.
2003 with ATK 460 HP 6.0, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers and true dual 3" exhaust, Truetrac rear, 3200 Circle D Stall, tranny upgraded with 4L65 and other heavy-duty parts, Weld Racing 18x10 forged wheels, HPTuners custom tune, Vortech supercharger, water/meth injection, Magnavolt fuel pump voltage booster, DeatschWerks booster fuel pump, 58#/hr injectors, 13.3 @ 101 in the quarter mile.

Dakotawilk

« Reply #68 on: December 2, 2013, 12:51:49 PM »

That's the optional front air dam - not all cladded AVs came with it.
ok what was the point of it better mpg? when i took myn off look like i added a 2'' lift haha :)
Current mods
Future mods,

enoniam

• LS Fest 2017
« Reply #69 on: December 2, 2013, 13:03:16 PM »

I think the point of it was more $s for GM and the dealer.   :cool:
2003 with ATK 460 HP 6.0, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers and true dual 3" exhaust, Truetrac rear, 3200 Circle D Stall, tranny upgraded with 4L65 and other heavy-duty parts, Weld Racing 18x10 forged wheels, HPTuners custom tune, Vortech supercharger, water/meth injection, Magnavolt fuel pump voltage booster, DeatschWerks booster fuel pump, 58#/hr injectors, 13.3 @ 101 in the quarter mile.

Dakotawilk

« Reply #70 on: December 2, 2013, 13:06:56 PM »

:o that makes sence thanks i was un aware of that
Current mods
Future mods,

wyotonka

• WyoTonka
« Reply #71 on: December 2, 2013, 13:38:14 PM »

Mine is still on there it is molded the same shape as the bottom of the bumper we took it off my buddies 02 but i left mine on because i like the way it looks  :thumbsup: i figure if i ever need that extra clearance on the trail the trail will take it off for me  :laugh:

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

Dakotawilk

« Reply #72 on: December 2, 2013, 14:17:25 PM »

Mine is still on there it is molded the same shape as the bottom of the bumper we took it off my buddies 02 but i left mine on because i like the way it looks  :thumbsup: i figure if i ever need that extra clearance on the trail the trail will take it off for me  :laugh:
well evidently the the dirt house at my hill did about half that for me  :laugh: ooopsoh well like it better now anyway :)
Current mods
Future mods,

Dakotawilk

Current mods
Future mods,

wyotonka

• WyoTonka
« Reply #74 on: December 6, 2013, 06:45:05 AM »

well... i am really getting irritated now.... the tonka truck is getting a lot done this weekend and then hopefully it will behave after this  :E:

im sure most of you saw the other post that my av has the pump rub in the transfer case now... 113,000 miles  :E:

then yesterday at lunch the check engine light came on so i went to autozone to have them read the codes and then she printed it all off for me  :E:
P0220
P0300
P1518
P1516
P0174
P0171
P0120

Then to top it off.. this morning the fuel pump went as soon as i pulled in at work and i topped off the tank last night  :beating: backed into my parking spot and the truck sputtered and died

so.... to start probably be putting in the new fuel pump after work and most likely going to be doing the hatch under the rear seat since i do not want to drop a full tank

then... most of the codes point to the TPS having bad connection so im going to clean and grease the connections and hopefully that solves that issue
    and i had them clear those yesterday and nothing has come back up so im pretty sure the harness is loose

random misfire... going to pull, inspect, and most likely replace the spark plugs since that one has been on my todo list anyways

the upgrade kit for the transfer case should be here the 10th and then that will get torn into

and yea... it got down to -20 last night... my parents called me and their pipes broke in their basement and flooded it which we literally JUST finished redoing because their contractor halfassed it and left turns out we should have looked at his skill of installing windows in a block foundation  :E:

at this point i just want to go back to bed and wake up with a restart  :laugh:

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 30  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 24 queries.