• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Anyone up for a GTG

04bluave

Just seeing if anyone was up for a gtg sometime in dec or january. Not sure what we could do but have started looking around to see the possibilities.

04bluave said:
Just seeing if anyone was up for a gtg sometime in dec or january. Not sure what we could do but have started looking around to see the possibilities.

It all depends on what part of Fl.

Myself and DirtyGirlAva will be in Fort Myers from Christmas until my Birday on January 8th.

Unfortunately we are driving the "SnowBirds" down in their skinnyvan. So we will be sportin' some kind of rental. (Ava will be warm and dry in the garage)
We were gonna try to head north (maybe Valdosta?) to possibly meet up with Loggie / Vanthony / Medico /Ronthehandyman, and whoever else can make it for a little visit.

We would love to meet some new (to us) members from the area if we can.

Actually I am trying to decide whether to come to FL in Dec or Jan. Odds are will be both. Im thinking i will be in both central (St. Pete/Tampa) as well as South FL (Naples/ Hollywood).

My usual stops when driving are: Naples, Ocala, Tampa, Gainsville, Valdosta, Macon, and Atlanta. (I make a good number of stops, i am not trying to drive 12 hours at once, i like to get out and walk around... and eat)

Like i said i am down. just need dates and all, then i can try and set my plans accordingly. This will be less hassle once i move to FL

I was hoping to meet up in Valdosta... either Saturday Jan. 4th or Sunday Jan. 5th

It's about 5 hours for DirtyGirl and I coming from Ft.Myers, a 3.5 hr drive from Atlanta, (Ron/Medico/AV2500) and around 4 hrs for Vanthony.
Valdosta is also local for Loggie, who I am hoping is feeling better by then and can help us out with a good location for "grub and gab"' and maybe a spot to do some modding.

My wife and I work for Choice Hotels, so anyone wanting to stay overnight, we could help out with a Friends and Family discount.

Friends and Family is usually around half off the regular room rate, so it helps quite a bit, check the link below for local (Valdosta) hotels.

Once a location and dates are finalized, you can PM me for the discount link via email.

Just wondering what day is best for everyone...

I would like to say maybe noon on Saturday and then we could stay over till Sunday afternoonish, and still be home not too late on Sunday afternoon/evening.
Not sure about work schedules, but noon meet up time should give everyone plenty of drive time in the morning.

Post up and let me know, so I can get an "official" GTG thread started

THANX!!  (y)

Hanging out Saturday works best for us and we will definitely stay the night. The hotel deal sounds great!

LindseyAV said:
Hanging out Saturday works best for us and we will definitely stay the night. The hotel deal sounds great!

That makes 2 voting for Saturday. That works best for me too!
Hotel = Slumber Party!!!!!  :woohoo:

DirtyGirl  :mo:

Saturday sounds good to me too. I am just not sure if I am off that weekend yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Logically speaking , something like Orlando would make the most sense for a FL meet, almost dead center of the state, almost equal drive from south FL or the pan handle. what do you think ?

Who is coming from South Florida?

Prism said:
Logically speaking , something like Orlando would make the most sense for a FL meet, almost dead center of the state, almost equal drive from south FL or the pan handle. what do you think ?

You are absolutely right... but,
I have only seen a few people post from the Florida area in the last year. and most are fairly close to the GA border.

04blueave: Jacksonville
TurboSmoke: Ocala
Speedfreak95: Tampa
HOMACK: West Palm
Prism: Hollywood/Atlanta
RichChevySaturn: Boca Raton

I would love to have it closer to Ft Myers, but I also wanted to make it "fair" for everyone traveling to attend.
As you can see there is a lot more interest from people coming from Atlanta area (4) Alabama (1) and Valdosta is about 4 hours or less for most coming from Florida. I think I should be driving the most (tied with HOMACK) at around 5 hours.

Try to make it out!!! (ALL of you Florida members)
Once you have gone to a GTG you will be hooked! They are a lot of fun, and you will meet AVesome people who will probably become great friends, and you will see other peoples trucks and the mods they have done as well as have the chance to do some modding on yours as well.

Once you get the idea of what it's all about you could do your own local GTG for more FL peeps to attend!  (y)

i was just putting it out there. im down for what ever. i drive from the ga mtns to south florida 8 or more times a year. anywhere is good for me.

wow go on a detachment for a week and come back to lots of posts on here.  Iam down to meet anywhere providing its on the weekend wont be able to get time away from work. I live in noth florida jax area but down to traveling and being able to drive the ave more with just getting back works for me.

My wife is from south FL , i am from atlanta. we are building a house in south FL , so there is alot of meeting with people , checking on things and all that. plus she is close to her family and likes to see them. we both have our own businesses and work from home, so we take time off when we want to.

Back