• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

AV a Happy New Year GTG... Valdosta, GA... JAN 4th 2014

DouglasOak

Cruise Coord
SM 2014
SM 2013
SM 2012
SM 2011
AV A HAPPY NEW YEAR
GTG

WHERE: VALDOSTA, GEORGIA
WHEN: JAN 4th 2014, 12 NOON - JAN 5th 2014, ?
WHY: TO CELEBRATE THE NEW YEAR WITH:
GOOD FOOD, GREAT FRIENDS, AND BEAUTIFUL AVY'S

Let's try to meet up for NOON sharp at:
Smok'n Pig BBQ
4228 N Valdosta Rd, Valdosta, GA 31602
(229) 245-8227
(2 Miles East of I-75 Exit 22)

I will make reservations for 1pm lunch, so we can meet and greet, and wait for any stragglers.

Click on the picture below for more details:

We will be staying at:
Comfort Suites
1332 N. St. Augustine Rd.
Valdosta, GA, US, 31601

DirtyGirlAva and I work for Choice Hotels and can offer a "Friends and Family" discount at local hotels.

Each Hotel usually has 4 rooms available at F&F rate, so if you want to save money with the discount,
you may have to stay at a different hotel than others as the number of people grows.
(Moral of this story: BOOK NOW!! to reserve the room and Hotel of your choice!)

Most of the Choice Hotels are within 5-10 minutes of each other, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
Also if you wanna pay the regular rate, (still very reasonable) you can stay wherever you like.
(just trying to save everyone a few bucks to spend on gas, and modding!!  >:D)

You will have to send me a PM with:
First and Last name and Email address
so I can send you a link to book your discount rooms

REMEMBER TO BOOK SOON - THE DISCOUNT ROOMS GO QUICKLY
(You can always cancel the room if you can not attend)

I am currently working with the locals to find a good place to do some modding
(we can always use the hotel parking lot)
and to create a fun local event for Saturday after lunch.  (y)

Sunday Morning will be reserved for an 11am group brunch at:
Ole Times Country Buffet
1193 N St Augustine Rd
Valdosta, GA 31601

Please post if you can attend and how many will be with you,
so I can add you to the attending list

P.S. I intentionally posted this in the FLORIDA section to revive the Florida crew!!
I think once y'all get to a GTG, and realize the fun and fellowship involved in them
you will want to create your own local GTG's in the future!!!

Attending List

DouglasOak & DirtyGirlAva
Unable to attend...  :7: :8: :C:

MEDICO

04blueave + 1

Prism & Wife

Loggie

RedVictoryZ71

Vanthony

TurboSmoke & Wife

I can't think of a better way to start the New Year off right!!

I'm excited to see old friends and make some new ones too!!!
 :love:

It just won't be the same without Ava  :needhug:

(Maybe I can convince someone to give me a ride in their Avy so I don't get homesick for my girl!!)

DirtyGirl  :mo:

Thanks douglasoak for heading this up was not sure where to even start.

I should be there so u can add me to the list. I will be driving down on Friday from Massachusetts.
I  Will be up there for the holidays. I will be getting a room but will work the military rate from base so others may use the f&f discount. 

I am mostly sure that i will be able to make it. I should know a solid answer as it gets closer and these holidays are over.

04bluave said:
Thanks douglasoak for heading this up was not sure where to even start.

I should be there so u can add me to the list. I will be driving down on Friday.  

Look forward to meeting you.

Prism said:
I am mostly sure that i will be able to make it. I should know a solid answer as it gets closer and these holidays are over.

I'm adding you to the list +1 (A GTG is always a great place to spend quantity quality time with the better half!!)

In all seriousness it IS a great time for the ladies as well. My wife wasn't too keen on the idea at first...
(boys standing around talkin' trucks and stuff... but that's not what a GTG is all about.)
NOW, she wouldn't miss one for the world!!!!

P.S. If the better half / other members in your group have a better Screen Name than "+1" or "Wifey" let me know,
so they can be added to the attending list with the appropriate name. THANX   (y)

Looks like after talking to the wifey that we are going to make this GTG on our way to Tampa, FL. Ill have to get on the room situation for the one night.

Good choices dude!  Let me know if you need me to work anything here.

..and count me in

Added a Modding List to the second post...

I decided to do mine after watching a youtube video of a nasty Nitrous fire totaling a newer Vette.
Then today watched (and giggled inside) as an early 80's Mustang had an engine fire in some dudes driveway.

Time for some extra insurance!!  

(P.S. I will have to do my Mod before I come to Valdosta, but I'll take lots of pics to show you.)

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,141142.msg2045871.html#msg2045871

Location can be the house.  this way we have all the power needed

i think i mentioned this before... but plans have changed, i will be driving UP for this (instead of down). I will be leaving from Naples and heading there.

ANYONE want to convoy?

Prism said:
we can just meet up in ft myers , as i head north

We can hammer out the info as the date gets closer.
Mom & Pops are near 41 and Bayshore, and we'll be there Dec 27th.

I can PM you or send a message to your FB page.  (y)

P.S. I intentionally posted this in the FLORIDA section to revive the Florida crew!!
I think once y'all get to a GTG, and realize the fun and fellowship involved in them
you will want to create your own local GTG's in the future!!!

[/center]

[/quote]

Years ago when I had my Rx-7 I was on all the forums and was really into it. We had a yearly meet, BBQ. One year we went to a well known rotary shop and did Dino pulls. Another was a BBQ on st Lucy causeway beach.

My wife and I will be attending. Gunna see if anyone's coming from south fl wants to do a caravan.

TurboSmoke said:
My wife and I will be attending. Gunna see if anyone's coming from south fl wants to do a caravan.

Added you to the list.  (y)
Post up if you want to do any mods to your Avy while you're there.

Check with Prism for his schedule... as of now he should be heading in from the Naples area.

Back