• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Compatible Interior Swap for an 03' Avy

AllGMFamily

I've got an 03' Avy with the charcoal colored cloth seats.  the Drivers' side is PWR and the passenger side is not.

I would like to know what year models are compatible for swapping interiors.  Mainly seats, and possibly the dash components.  I have looked at some "salvage" sites but not real comfortable with what they say will swap into the Avy.

She's got 150,000 mile on her and I would really like to put some nice upgrades inside.  I also am looking into buying another one, 2008 or newer, since one of my kids will eventually get the 03'.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Any 03-06 large GM truck seats will work.

Swapped my stock interior with a 06 Yukon Denali with powered 12 seats and added some Escalade pieces.

The seats are plug and play.

To MS03 2500,

You have read my mind on the interior :)

I am really wanting to put the leather seats in the Avy, and it is great to hear that the seats will be plug and play.

Much appreciated,

Jeff

Just keep in mind when you switch from from the cloth seats to leather you will lose interior space. The leather seat are thicker so if you are over 6 feet tall like me you will notice the difference

Oppps one more thing, if you have side airbags on your seat you will need seats with them. Not all seats have them but it's pretty easy to move your bags over.

I put 03+ seats like you described in my 02. The only issues I ran into were the seat wiring harness had a different plug on one end (easy swap) and the seat airbags (new seats didn't have bags, now I have an airbag light on my dash.

Similarly, I replaced my center console with a folding seat from an 08 silverado (with the lower storage under the seat). Fit perfectly, and the fabric is a close enough match people don't notice.

2004 Chevy Avalanche power driver seat, non powered passenger seat.

Okay so rather then make a whole new thread, I have some questions for much the same issue. 

I have a badly damaged drivers seat and I would like to replace both my driver and passenger front seats.

I have the option to buy 2011 avalanche Black leather seats that are both powered (driver/passenger)

My question is, will 2011 seats fit in my 2004, and how will I run power to the passenger side seat so it can be adjusted as needed. Also if the seats are heated, what do I need to make them work?

Thank you very much!!

Jay

The seats look a bit different, the seatbelt does not mount to the top shoulder of the seat like the seat I have now does ( the 2004 model). So I don?t know if it will fit.

I would not try it, too many mods you would have to do.

Back