• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

WI Dells GTG! Ideas for dates and times.

blu_fuz

Well, it's been brought up to get our collection of AVs together in the Dells  :cool:.

Lets keep this open to ideas and dates for now. I have no problem planning and setting up a GTG.

actually wife and I had been talking about going up there right after the nationals next year .... maybe doing something that next week ....

I think it would work out best sometime in june. But thats just because my wedding is october. I dont want to much going on when its crunch time. lol

DirtyGirl and I are in for sure!!!  (y)

I don't really care about the date, as long as it's nice and warm.

Also, there's Automation Car Show. a big car show May 17 & 18 2014.
http://www.wisdells.com/wisconsin-dells-attraction/automotion.cfm

That would be great if you wanted to try a GTG more for the locals.
(or for people like myself, willing to drive 8 hrs for a GTG)

DouglasOak said:
DirtyGirl and I are in for sure!!!  (y)

I don't really care about the date, as long as it's nice and warm.

Also, there's Automation Car Show. a big car show May 17 & 18 2014.

That would be great if you wanted to try a GTG more for the locals.
(or for people like myself, willing to drive 8 hrs for a GTG)

hum ... that is wife's b-day .... not sure she would like to go to a car show for her b-day ....  :2:

just pick a day ....

JOhn

OK, we won't worry about what day right now. I will pick one that I feel will give us the best turnout and least amount of headaches  (y).

I'm curious to see how many people from the area and surrounding are willing to make the trip to WI Dells.

Great scenery, some activities, nice spots for pictures, etc....

Depending on my work schedule, this is one we could make.  (y)
I won't know till April.

Depending upon whether anything else gets in the way we may want to head north for this.  Been several years since I've been in the state that I lived in during my kindergarden through 2nd grade years...

blu_fuz said:
OK, we won't worry about what day right now. I will pick one that I feel will give us the best turnout and least amount of headaches  (y).

I'm curious to see how many people from the area and surrounding are willing to make the trip to WI Dells.

Great scenery, some activities, nice spots for pictures, etc....

I think thereis an off road park out that direction as well, and  a drive in theater.

as long as kids are out of school ... we should be able to make it ....

I think they are out 1st week of June this year ... or sooner ...

John

Girlfriend wants to visit the Dells.
I'm sure if I have time enough with the dates set I can convince her to go on the weekend we're planning a GTG.
Maybe I can convince her that there just happened to be a lot of Avalanches around at the same time we were visiting.
At a little over 300 miles, it just a tank of gas for me each way
:laugh:

Dluvr22 said:
Girlfriend wants to visit the Dells.
I'm sure if I have time enough with the dates set I can convince her to go on the weekend we're planning a GTG.
Maybe I can convince her that there just happened to be a lot of Avalanches around at the same time we were visiting.
At a little over 300 miles, it just a tank of gas for me each way
:laugh:

Whats your milage? I can get 500 to a tank all freeway, cruse set at 70. (speed limit here is 65)

krazycarguy said:
Whats your milage? I can get 500 to a tank all freeway, cruse set at 70. (speed limit here is 65)

Average 13 miles to a gallon. 330 miles is the average I get to a full tank. :needhug:

I couldn't wait any longer. We're going to be there from April 24 - 30. We're staying at the Sundara Cottages if somebody wants to stop by.  :wave:

I go up every year the weekend before Memorial Day weekend. They have a huge car show and cruise. Great time to bring your Avy's up and join the crowd. This will be the first year I will be taking mine. My dad and brother have show cars they enter, I just enjoy the scenery!  (y)

BigJake34 said:
I go up every year the weekend before Memorial Day weekend. They have a huge car show and cruise. Great time to bring your Avy's up and join the crowd. This will be the first year I will be taking mine. My dad and brother have show cars they enter, I just enjoy the scenery!  (y)

http://www.dells.com/wisconsin-dells-events/wisconsin-dells-automotion-festival.htm

Wisconsin Dells Automotion Festival
May 17-18, 2014
Noah's Ark - 1410 Wisconsin Dells Parkway
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965

WI%20Dells%20Automotion.jpg

I really hope I can make Automotion this year. Not sure if I should bring the car, the truck, or BOTH!  :eek:

Tempting, but I think I'm probably going to be at Mecum's Indy auction that weekend.  Although I may just check out the cars there earlier in the week and then head north for the weekend???

Back