• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Weather

Same here, we all OK but it was well after dark before it was finshed around here and I haven't been outside to look around yet. We had damage in our county and all surrounding counties.

Everyone OK??

Certified SkyWarn Spotter here in Michigan!

Some places were rocked pretty good. Around here I heard a building collapsed (unoccupied, no entrapment), a tree fell on a house (no injuries), multiple trees down, local flooding on roadways and widespread power outages.

The system that came through had straight line winds that did the damage..in excess of 60 mph.

Right now its windy again, raining a little too.

All is well...carry on.

Captn---

Wow lots of trees down and blinking red street light around here, winds gusting to 50 mph. I just got back in ya better hold on to the car door if you open it or the wind may suck you out and drop ya on the pavement.

Several tornado touchdowns in neighboring counties but I saw little damage on the way to work this morning.

Everyone have enough SNOW yet.

We got less that the 3 to 6 they said we would get. It turned to rain/sleet here. Very wet and slick out now and we have a Christmas party to go to.........

They still expect 1-2 more inches

And the final totals are  ? That's a butt load of snow.

IMG_20131215_170242_295_zpswvxp7eot.jpg

I thinking we go close to 7 ..... I checked at about 4 pm and we were just below 5 ... it snowed another 4 hours before finally stopping ....

now I find out this morning that all 4 windows will not go down .... wife emailed me about it ... had to open door when she got to parking garage ....

I sure hope it is due to the snow and cold .... grrrrr! ... never happened with my other two Av's Ive owned ....

John

Well how is everyone after the snow storm. More than half the town will be closed most side streets are impassible for normal cars.

That weather is coming our way Hi today 31 low monday -12 and windy.

PS it's still snowing

IMG_20140105_224045_118_zpsjnfzuuxy.jpg

IMG_20140105_224116_963_zpsguj24cig.jpg

Our snow is done.....until Thursday they just changed it to Wednesday, saying several more inches are possible!. We got 12.25" yesterday the second highest one day total EVER!

Here pictures of of my walk after I cleared it off......it snowed for 4 more hours after that!

That is a 2 gal salt container and a yardstick then the dog run showing some drifting......

Attachments

• Walk (2).jpg
    Walk (2).jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Walk.jpg
    Walk.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Dog Run.jpg
    Dog Run.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 184
Pictures looking out from my porch.........

Waiting on my neighbor to plow my drive now, it may be a couple of days because a lot of people are waiting. We have a RED travel warning and you are not supposed to be on the roads unless you are having an emergency.

Attachments

• Park Benck.jpg
    Park Benck.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Yard.jpg
    Yard.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Yard (2).jpg
    Yard (2).jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 182
It is -8 here (central Indiana) right now and that will be the high for the day, temp will drop to -15 with wind chills to -40 or less!

We were lucky down here compared to you guys butch - until last night our snow was coming down as slush and we0've only got a couple of inches, but we're nearly as cold as it was supposed to hit -12 here.

It was -7 when the boy went out and started up Big Red to drive to work this morning.

Long time no post. Weeks like this make my miss my Av more than usual, my little company Focus does not run well in 16 inches of snow at 20 below! Miss you guys!

Freebie welcome back to the good side. I'm surprise you even tried it with a focus

Not too much of a choice unfortunately, beer guy is like the mail guy, always delivers, wind or sleet or snow,

4 inches of rain = this, plus 2 in the basement.

IMG_20140811_191609_284_zpsdt42eej6.jpg

IMG_20140811_191559_675_zpsqe16rwvv.jpg

Just got back from Hamtramck... I-75, I-94 and other freeways are flooded and backed up for miles,
almost every side street in the Metro Detroit area is covered from sidewalk to sidewalk, and cars and trucks are floating in underpasses.

Ava was in up to the running boards a few times, and I had to keep clearing water from the Train Horns,
makes me wonder if I really should do that 2/3 drop that I'm itching to do.

Click on the pic for a lil video (pardon my potty mouth, I may have dropped a quiet f-bomb near the beginning of the vid)

Yup that was the rain that kept on giving. Just saw the News it was 4.5 inches a new record every freeway is flooded

Back