• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Remote start for 2003 - Advice

Richie_Rich

My son asked for a remote start for his '03 Avy for Christmas
Doing a bit of research here along with surfing around, I came up with this combo.
Autopage C3-RS-730
Autopage ADSALCA ADS Immobilizer Bypass and Doorlock

Anyone see any problem with this setup?
We need to keep the whole deal under $200

I'm not sure if that is the correct bypass.
idatalink shows several different models, but I don't know which one actually works best.
Thanks,
Rich

We've got them on both of the 05's Rich. One is a Compustar and the other is a Python (made by DEI). Haven't had issues with either of them but both of them were closer to $300 installed with the bypass module.

Richie_Rich said:
I was looking to install it myself.
You know me.....
Yup, I actually considered the install myself but I think the install fee was $40 on each of them. I figure for that price I'd leave it to them.

My sister asked me for advice on buying a remote start for her husband's 2003 Suburban for Christmas...

I assume it is all the same electronics, so could any of the Gen 1 Avy owners send me in the right direction for a brand/model?

JohnnieMo said:
My sister asked me for advice on buying a remote start for her husband's 2003 Suburban for Christmas...

I assume it is all the same electronics, so could any of the Gen 1 Avy owners send me in the right direction for a brand/model?
Check out my reply in post #2. Two years on one of them and 3 on the other. No issues with either one.

I bought the setup I listed in my initial post.
Install was pretty straight forward, but one thing they are not clear on is the bypass needs to be flashed for your specific vehicle.
Not knowing this caused me a couple hours or more of frustration.

You either have to take the bypass to an alarm or audio place or buy the USB adapter and do it yourself.
Due to time I took it to AudioExpress and they flashed it for me.
The first guy I talked to wanted to charge me, but when I got there, he was gone and another guy did it for free.

Eric says it works great and is very happy with it.

If you are not going to do the work yourself, you may want to just buy the whole thing from an alarm place.

Back