• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Update on 2003 Chevy Avalanche Project

tay0016

I apologize for not posting to CAFCNA as often as I probably should. I started with a completely stock 2003 Chevy Avalanche that I picked up about two years ago (second avalanche by the way) to begin the list of what I have done:

- Window Tint same tint on all windows.
- Paint Power Bar behind Chevy Logo
- 2 Rockford R2 subwoofers with Rockford P400.2 Amp under rear sear.
- Kenwood DDX470 DVD Player
- Back Up Camera in Cubby to the right of climate Controls
- Edge Evolution CS programmer
- Re-wire all lights on no matter what, Low, High, Driving, Fog
- Spectre Air Filter
- Flowmaster Super 10 Exhaust
- Red LED brake Lights in sail panels.
- LED interior dome lights and curb lights in mirrors.
- Cargo Lights controlled by switch near tailgate.
- Cylinder to control descent of tailgate.
- Chevy Suburban Factory roof rack cut down to fit Avalanche
- Stingray Low Profile Roof Rack
- 40 Inch LED Light Bar on roof Rack
- 22 Inch LED Light Bar on front Bumper
- 6.5 BDS Non-Torsion Drop Lift Kit
- Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks front and rear.
- 35X12.50X17 Dick Cepek Fun Country Tires
- 17x9 XD Series Revolver Rims

Theres probably some I'm missing but I think I hit most of it. I installed all of it except the muffler and window tint so let me know if anyone has any questions! its been an awesome project that has been a lot of fun with more to come I'm sure.

11159248664_06978be1b3_b.jpg

11159192015_e763686a45_b.jpg

that's pretty truck!  :cool: I wanted to know the shorter led bar you had on the front bumper does it make that big of a difference? I am considering getting one.....

Dakotawilk said:
that's pretty truck!  :cool: I wanted to know the shorter led bar you had on the front bumper does it make that big of a difference? I am considering getting one.....

No pun intended but night and day difference I will try to get some pictures posted of the lights at night!!! They are really nice! And bright!  :cool:

Good job!

More pics please.

(y)

Nice truck  :cool: if im not mistaken that is the fairfield in rapid behind your truck in the second pic i make it over that way a lot ... maybe one of these days we could scrounge up enough avs for a gtg  (y)

wyotonka said:
Nice truck  :cool: if im not mistaken that is the fairfield in rapid behind your truck in the second pic i make it over that way a lot ... maybe one of these days we could scrounge up enough avs for a gtg  (y)

You are correct I'm attending college right by there now an avalanche gtg would be a lot of fun if you ask me!!

I will try to post some more pictures tonight!!

tay0016 said:
No pun intended but night and day difference I will try to get some pictures posted of the lights at night!!! They are really nice! And bright!  :cool:
haha pun or not that was funny ok im sold  :B:

All Right here it goes! Picture Time!!!

I apologize that I do not have Pictures of the lights on at night I am hitting some trails tonight and will take some for you guys! Should be awesome!

So here is what my truck looked like for a long time with a leveling kit, stock spray painted wheels, and 34 inch Nitto terra Grapplers. (Awesome Tires BTW)

11179880435_c67f12cc89_k.jpg

Here is the Back Up Camera Install!

7517364328_c01d38d031_b.jpg

Done!

7517363676_cf4f64c06c_b.jpg

Here is probably the best picture I have of the old light bar... Just cheap flood lights mounted to the roof rack and behind grille.

11179948404_4da8d1bdfd_b.jpg

Here are some 33X12.50X17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ tires on my new XD Series Revolvers (bronze edition)

11179874595_b3a3c5cacd_h.jpg

Alright for those with a weak stomach careful looking at this next image!

Then this happened.

11179876365_fba7b5633b_b.jpg

That one hurt and bent my frame and as of now I have no rear bumper, working on building one at work here are a few pics of a similar bumper we will make a similar one of.

11179921586_4b7a5c8eb1_b.jpg

I also really enjoy stickers! here is the newest one.

11179920526_95831fca89_k.jpg

Custom made this at work! I love the way it looks here a daytime and night time photo!

11180061583_17d1f036d7_b.jpg

(It has been repainted so it looks alot cleaner and neater and less dirty now!  :D

Night Time!!

11180097054_9ff9cb9c76_k.jpg

Just a pic of my truck at work. (tires for a customers Jeep!)

11179920146_5ed5aed661_h.jpg

Just Having fun!  >:D

11179919836_5958eb669d_k.jpg

here are a couple more recent pictures!

11159223566_b68bb73377_h.jpg

OK soooo the light bars pictures dont do them justice to give you an idea this picture was taken at about 1:00 in the afternoon so very bright out and they still were too bright for my camera! you can compare them to my high beams in this one for an idea but here you go!

11180058053_062f50058f_k.jpg

Alright so theres a start! let me know if anyone wants pictures of anything else in particular! I would be happy to upload more!! Let me know what you guys think!

now that you show it with the stickers im pretty sure i have seen your truck before  :D  love the way it looks probably because the first gen wbh look sick with a little off road look to them

wyotonka said:
now that you show it with the stickers im pretty sure i have seen your truck before  :D  love the way it looks probably because the first gen wbh look sick with a little off road look to them

Yeah I find myself driving around town probably to much! lol This truck probably spends as much time off road as it does on road! I work at a local 4X4 shop on deadwood avenue close to A&W and its usually parked outside there during the day!

thats sweet bro i like it that pic you posted were its snowy and u were going up a hill look what i did 2 days ago
http://s911.photobucket.com/user/dakotawilk/media/2_zps9f9ce65a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2#/user/dakotawilk/media/hill_zps59873a0c.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=4&_suid=1386037235804044419342887145185
anyway sweet truck those leds must be super bright!i didnt see if you said what lift is on it now?

Dakotawilk said:
thats sweet bro i like it that pic you posted were its snowy and u were going up a hill look what i did 2 days ago
http://s911.photobucket.com/user/dakotawilk/media/2_zps9f9ce65a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2#/user/dakotawilk/media/hill_zps59873a0c.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=4&_suid=1386037235804044419342887145185
anyway sweet truck those leds must be super bright!i didnt see if you said what lift is on it now?

That a sweet picture!! I have a 6.5 inch BDS high clearance lift (no torsion drop lift) are you in the black hills area then?

The lights are very bright I took one for the team and went off-roading tonight just to get some pics of the lights! Il post them tomorrow hopefully!!

tay0016 said:
That a sweet picture!! I have a 6.5 inch BDS high clearance lift (no torsion drop lift) are you in the black hills area then?

The lights are very bright I took one for the team and went off-roading tonight just to get some pics of the lights! Il post them tomorrow hopefully!!
haha i wish i could take one for the team and go off roading  :laugh:
actually i live in colorado and my house is in conifer and this was going up a dirt like when you left the road and like a day after that i drove all the way up it  :eek: it was fun! haha

and i was gona compliment you on your rearview camera it looks very good!

wyotonka said:
so has it started snowing your way yet Tay0016? it started here last night... hasnt even let up yet  :E:

Yes it started snowing here last night (n)  maybe about an inch in the deepest places...

My next mod will be the lights on the roof.
It probably won't get much use but I'll still put it on just because it is a must have mod for me.
Only problem is finding the right mount to put it on since I don't have a basket like you do and the factory roof rails are flimsy.
I am thinking maybe a yakima roof rack in place of factory rack with those lights would be a sweet option.

Too bad my latest ignition and CHMSL brake light temporarily drained my pocket, but I plan on putting that on before winter ends as I am sure I can find some use when it is all white out in the next few months.

thats a very good point bro i am wishing for a 24'' light bar for xmas hoping togo behind the grill
repairs are the grinch of the modding world  :laugh:

Dluvr22 said:
My next mod will be the lights on the roof.
It probably won't get much use but I'll still put it on just because it is a must have mod for me.
Only problem is finding the right mount to put it on since I don't have a basket like you do and the factory roof rails are flimsy.
I am thinking maybe a yakima roof rack in place of factory rack with those lights would be a sweet option.

Too bad my latest ignition and CHMSL brake light temporarily drained my pocket, but I plan on putting that on before winter ends as I am sure I can find some use when it is all white out in the next few months.

Have you considered these? I am a fan of how they look and they are supposedly pretty sturdy!

chevy_light_bar_brackets_shaded_nowhite.jpeg

here is a link to their page.

http://www.socalsupertrucks.com/2007-current-gm-1500-l-e-d-light-bar-roof-mount.aspx#.Up5abZRNaqw

Alright everybody here is the moment of truth! Time to upload the comparison pictures of the lights! hope you enjoy them! I sacrificed all of last night offroading just to get these pics so hopefully you enjoy!  >:D

List:
Pic 1 - Low Beams
Pic 2 - High Beams (22 Inch LED bar comes on with Brights.)
Pic 3 - 40 Inch LED Bar on Roof

Ready, Go!  :cool:

11196428834_d874ee66a6_k.jpg

11196548263_76ba893cc1_k.jpg

11196546773_77e850d4cc_k.jpg

And like I've said before the pictures don't do them justice you really have to see them to REALLY appreciate them!
Sorry if the snow makes the pictures crappy but I think it gets my point across!

man that last one is really making me want one of those 50" light bars

and either you were offroading really late  >:D or you guys got snow before us... it started coming down really wet heavy snow at like 10:30 ... i was still doing christmas lights since we were supposed to get hammered with snow today (didnt happen)

wyotonka said:
man that last one is really making me want one of those 50" light bars

and either you were offroading really late  >:D or you guys got snow before us... it started coming down really wet heavy snow at like 10:30 ... i was still doing christmas lights since we were supposed to get hammered with snow today (didnt happen)

I went with the 40 inch to fit the roof rack better and make it not look funny and i took that picture at about 9:00PM but it was up in the northern hills between Piedmont and Nemo. We still are sitting around that one inch mark but it hasnt let up yet... not that its REALLY coming down or anything but oh well...

"Fool me once shame on you,
Fool me twice shame on me,
Fool me 359,000 times your a weather man!"

Back