• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

XM Radio Channel Skip Question

Can't not post with out making a question

• Huh?

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • What

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

ZakRhyno

I have XM Radio in my 2007 Avalanche, I have some channels that skip but I don't know or understand why. Say for example I have 70's, 80's, 90's channels set up. That be 7, 8, 9, when go from channel 7 to 8 I can but when I try to go to 9 I can't. I have to manual set it to go to channel 9 in the seek button. When I call XM radio they had to send a refresh signal to it. Still didn't fix the problem. I don't have this problem with basic radio stations but with XM radio. Even when I'm just looking at other stations it skips from station 90 to like 130. But all the channels in between if I manual go to them I can access them. So I don't get what going on. I was thinking maybe a hard reset may work, but I didn't find an option in the settings/menu area of the radio. Any thoughts on how to fix this problem maybe?

CLick this if you want a new topic:

to the left of POST NEW POLL

Attachments

• SnipImage.JPG
    SnipImage.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 42
Press the BAND button until the XM? frequency is displayed. Press the CAT button to display the category labels on the radio display. Continue pressing the CAT button until the... desired category label to immediately tune to the first XM? station associated with that category. 3. Rotate the tune...or left SEEK buttons to go to the next or previous XM? station within the selected category.

This is what i found about the category on 07+ avalanches xm i dont have one so i cant try on mine to help sorry  :cautious:

wyotonka said:
Press the BAND button until the XM? frequency is displayed. Press the CAT button to display the category labels on the radio display. Continue pressing the CAT button until the... desired category label to immediately tune to the first XM? station associated with that category. 3. Rotate the tune...or left SEEK buttons to go to the next or previous XM? station within the selected category.

This is what i found about the category on 07+ avalanches xm i dont have one so i cant try on mine to help sorry  :cautious:

I try that and get back to you! Thanks.

Back