• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Don't tease us ...

EXT4ME

PM 2024
PM 2023
PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
Wouldnt the Avalanche be a better choice to bring back then the EXT?  I think the AV sold more then the EXT too.

At a GM dealer the other day which sells both Chevys and Caddys....toying with the idea of trading the wife's Avy for a new Impala LTZ with the $2K GM card topoff, $500 Owner loyalty, $1K coupon and a $1K bonus from GM website and sale price below invoice, stood to get a chunk of cash back on the deal. After test ride in the Impala and checking the rear seating she gave a thumbs down, liking her Avy's ride much better.

So, of course says she wouldn't mind moving to a new Caddy EXT and lucky for me there were none in stock anywhere, only enclosed types. Dealer claimed that they had reliable info that the Caddy Ext will be back as a 2016 model sometime in 2015....the Avalanche would not. I figure because GM doesn't want Chevy cutting into the sales of more expensive Caddys.....potential buyers being less likely to shell out another $20K for a glitzed up Chevy....so if you want a new transformer truck larger than a reworked Colorado in the future you will likely have only one choice and pay dearly for it. That should be good news for Avy resale values.

The Avalanche was quite an expensive truck, and when a similar Silverado could be had for several thousand less (even with a 6.2), Chevy was essentially only competing with itself. Since Caddy doesn't have any other open bed options (like Chevy and GMC), I can see them trying to make the EXT their exclusive version of a "pickup" (with a ride like no other + midgate). As a result, they could easily compete with GMC Denali - and those lovelorn Avy LTZ buyers - possibly selling as many as the Avy with quite a bit more profit per vehicle. I'm not sure about this, but since its an Escalade, will it not count as a different trim vs. a different model for CAFE requirements? I can honestly see this happening...

Back