• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What number is my 02 Avalanche

Todd Thayer

Just got my first Avalanche, 2002, and was wondering if there was anyway to find out what number mine was as far as being manufactured.

NOpe
ONly thing I know about is on passenger side frame is the frame manufacture date if still clean enough to read it.

Look for a build sheet, it may be tucked into the springs of the front seat. It may not tell you the # but will give a lot of information. Open the drivers door. The build date can be found on the label plate.

My big girls bday is May 26, 2001 and I am always interested in AVs that may be older than mine as I got mine VERY early after they were released  :B:

I wonder who has the oldest build date here.  I bought mine on 2/28/02, but I don't know what my build date is.  I assume it was probably towards the end of 2001.

Mine was manufactured in Mexico in August '01...using a '93 frame.  I can't believe I went out in this cold to look  :E:  It was -8 at 7:00 this morning and finally made it up to 0 just before 10:00AM.   What the hell am I doing in this part of the world  :E:

ms38w said:
Mine was manufactured in Mexico in August '01...using a '93 frame.  I can't believe I went out in this cold to look  :E:  It was -8 at 7:00 this morning and finally made it up to 0 just before 10:00AM.   What the hell am I doing in this part of the world  :E:

A '93 frame!?!?!?!?

I thought that there was a pilot build in march or April of 2001 and they were sold in three states (Texas?), then production builds. My frame build date was 5/29/2001, actual build date was June 4, 2001, in service date june 20, 2001. Earlier production unit, they did not have tinted rear door glass available, so my rear doors do not have tinted glass and the window sticker had a credit for it.

My info..

2002 AV 2500
Purchased 11/25/2001

Door - 8/01
Frame - 7/19/2001
TB - DBW
Rear windows - Dark Tint

Back