• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Adding OEM remote start to 2007

johnd651

I was wondering if there is a way to add a OEM remote starter to a 2007 av

i was wondering if i can just buy a module from GM and install it.

i searched the forums and found a lot about aftermarket remote starters but i was hoping to make it a little easier.

-johnd651

I don't know the actual code .... but if there is a certain code in your glove box then you are prewired for the remote start ....

let me see if I can find the thread and the code ...

John

found it ....

see reply #5 .... http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,123740.msg0.html#new

and  :welcome: to the club

John

Check out this link for details...

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,141758.msg2053463.html#msg2053463    (y)

sounds good.. im going to go check for the code later on tonight. I do have transmitters with remote start, that i bought off ebay since it only came with a key when i bought it used.

i wish there was a loop whole for the VCI

EDIT: ok ... so it does have AP8... is it possible to just get the VCI/reflash without buying the whole pack with transmitters?

I am, as we speak, going the opposite way.
They are installing a Excalibur remote start, alarm system on my 07 Avy.
They said they will disable the factory remote start and use the one with the alarm.

Hope it works......!

I think it has a longer runtime than the factory 10 minutes.

Mike

sounds good.. im going to go check for the code later on tonight. I do have transmitters with remote start, that i bought off ebay since it only came with a key when i bought it used.

i wish there was a loop whole for the VCI

EDIT: ok ... so it does have AP8... is it possible to just get the VCI/reflash without buying the whole pack with transmitters?

What is VCI??

Back