Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My "Knight Rider" Project 2003 Avalanche  (Read 47951 times)

redheadedrod

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member
  • 2003 Z71
Re: My "Knight Rider" Project 2003 Avalanche
« Reply #200 on: 07/10/18 08:05 AM »

I actually have a steering wheel positioning sensor I intend  to install. But also going to pull the connector at the ABS module and see what it looks like.

When I scanned the sensor with a Tech 2 the sensor seems to be reading correct. Currently have over 60 DTC's set for "Erratic Speed Sensor" and another 60 for "Sensor to ground". I have already changed out the hub with a brand new SKF hub and the speed sensor. So next up is checking the wiring...

2003 Cladded Black Z71 - PC installed otherwise mostly stock.
4 Light Brake/Turnsignal
All on high and FTDRL (BCM friendly version)

redheadedrod

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member
  • 2003 Z71
Re: My "Knight Rider" Project 2003 Avalanche
« Reply #201 on: 07/13/18 11:36 AM »

So back to the truck...

Apparently applying Never Sieze is NOT a good idea on the caliper bracket bolts... One of them fell out on me and I noticed the clunking and strange noises. Found it before it became a major issue. The other bolt was loose too because of it moving around. The other side was still tight. Ended up wiping off as much as I could and applying Loctite blue to all 4 of the bolts and putting them back in.

Decided to wait on fixing the leaks for now. So currently the only issues I have are a very minor leak between the transmission and transfer case... A bad $3 gasket... Will cost me $200 to have repaired.

Also have an apparent Oil Pan Gasket leak... Which requires dropping the front differential a couple inches and removing a crossmember to access the pan bolts. Going to use a fiber optic camera and insure the rear main seal is not leaking too. (Was replaced when had the transmission redone like 3 years ago and 20k miles ago.)

When I do the pan gasket I will be sure to do the pickup tube gasket as well. The pump still has good pressure so I don't want to mess with the front cover at all.

Since I plan to do a major overhaul of the truck in about 3-4 years I don't plan to do much more to it. I MAY just monitor the leaks and let them go for now. I am not driving the truck in the winter and may be parking it for a couple months shortly so I don't think I will likely address the leaks for now.

I will go back to working on installing the console and tracking down my Parasitic drain though once I get done doing a repair and a couple upgrades on my CTS. (The console has an I3 processor in it and some other electronics... I will be installing a Macchina M2 into the truck as well at some point with a Cellular card and GPS to mimic what I am doing with the Alarm system tracking system. The M2 with Cell card and GPS added should be able to allow me to track and do some interesting things. If I can figure out how to control the car start feature of my alarm system I MAY use the M2 in place of the "Drone" system with a custom application. Save me $100 a year in subscription fees... I think the cell phone for 1meg a month is like $25 a year.
2003 Cladded Black Z71 - PC installed otherwise mostly stock.
4 Light Brake/Turnsignal
All on high and FTDRL (BCM friendly version)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 25 queries.