• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

PlastiDip Recall (Canada)

spidey

Since so many of us on here use this on our trucks, thought to post.

I got an email from Amazon today since I bought 3 cans of Plasti-Dip through them.  Does go the Health Canada website and isnt a scam email

Greetings from Amazon.ca.

We have learned of a potential safety issue regarding certain product(s) that our records indicate you purchased through the Amazon.ca website:

Performix 11221 Plasti Dip Multipurpose Rubber Coating, Gunmetal Grey - 11 oz.

Performix 11212 Plasti Dip Multipurpose Rubber Coating, Glossifer - 11 oz.

Performix 11210 Plasti Dip Multipurpose Rubber Coating, Silver Metalizer - 11 oz.

More details, including what you should do and where you can seek assistance, can be found in the following notification:
http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2014/37447r-eng.php

If you purchased this item for someone else, please notify the recipient immediately and provide them with the information concerning these issues.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause you but trust you will understand that the safety and satisfaction of our customers is our highest priority.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.ca.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.ca
www.amazon.ca

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2014/37447r-eng.php

Is this just Canada being Canada and over sensitive.  REallu just a labeling issue

Thanks for the info Spidey  (y)

This only affects Plasti-Dip products purchased in the USA

I'm sure this was initiated by Paisley the Canadian distributor,
because so many are buying this product in the States and they are losing a boatload of money.
($5.99 USD vs. $19.99 CDN)

All I got out of that was the wrong label. Different rules for different countries. I'll take the $5.99 can. Or in our case the, $6.59 cdn can. (y)

Wouldn't it be better to publish whatever warning is missing?

avalanchedriver said:
Wouldn't it be better to publish whatever warning is missing?

Health Canada website says whats missing, basically a label is missing

Doubt it will effect any use of it, just putting out an FYI really

DouglasOak said:
Thanks for the info Spidey  (y)

This only affects Plasti-Dip products purchased in the USA

I'm sure this was initiated by Paisley the Canadian distributor,
because so many are buying this product in the States and they are losing a boatload of money.
($5.99 USD vs. $19.99 CDN)

No doubt, price difference is very stupid

Back