• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Chevy Reaper

james21

Cruise Coord
PM 2021
PM 2019
PM 2014
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Chevy's answer to Ford's very successful Raptor is almost here:http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/01/27/chevrolet-reaper-ready-to-romp/

Pretty cool truck, kinda surprised though that they wont be offering a diesel, which would definitely help them top the Raptor. And gas mileage is really going to $uck with those big SC V8s. But looking forward to the full run down on the spec's. I am a fan of the Raptor, but would like to see who is better suited off road.

That should be enough to handle a Raptor.

chevy-reaper-660.jpg

wyotonka said:
looks like a bowtie and a powerbar on a ram  (n)

Looks kinda like those and a bald eagle / hawk overbite-beak thing  :E:

Still have more problems with the lack of info as to frame/chassis reinforcement than the look of the thing

That pic is a photoshop prototype concept of sorts. I had seen some other pics that were more realistic that only showed the very front and had a more aggressive hood and without the beak look to the front. It should make it much more improved than whatever this is. That is the version I hope they put into production. This, not so much.

It looks like a 2015 Colorado to me.

I could see it...a little bit...would be even more so if the Colorado grille was flipped upside down

2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-front-three-quarters.jpg

chevy-reaper-660.jpg

But really the best thing about the raptor is the motor and suspension to me. So if they put a big 6.2 in with all that power and a really good suspension in there....... I dont see why it couldnt compete with the raptor

I was just driving beside a Red Ford Raptor, I kinda like the aggressive styling. The ground clearance looks much better too.

Looks like they took pieces from different trucks and turned it into this.. I'm curious on specs.. Engine suspension etc

Looking at the photos in the link I noticed that the last two letters in the decal and metal badging for "Reaper" are backwards......looks like some kid who doesn't know his alphabet tried to write the name. owners will get lots of ribbing by other truck owners I bet!  >:D  Some may think that's stylish, just my .02 but it looks illiterate to me........
Maybe it was someones attempt to make it read forward or backwards but reading it backwards the "P' doesn't make a good "A" with the one leg missing and then the "A" doesn't make a good "P" either.

Anyone else find it interesting that the SoCo name is tagged to this truck?

Back