• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need parts in Canada !

Chemical_Foreplay

Been reading a lot of stories on people paying ridiculous prices on the shipping, duty, brokerage, and taxes. The part I needed was around $500+ taxes up here. I look into the states and found the same part from gm parts direct at $258?  I thought that was a great deal now with all fees on top getting it to my door it's looking to be around $475!!!!!!  So........ Is there any part suppliers in Canada besides the dealer ? Are the places that will ship cheaper ? 
BTW: the part I'm looking for is  20843108  drivers mirror for a 2010 ltz.
Needs
Power folding
Auto dimming
With signal
Puddle light
Heated.
And chrome top cover. ( I still have top cover if I can find a used one with a different color, then I can just switch tops). Please help a Canuck.  Lol.  Thank you

You don't say how far north of the border you are, but one thing you might check into is find a UPS store close to the border, stop in and chat with them for a few, you might have to open a short term po box, maybe not,  find what you want on ebay or elsewhere, have it sent there, then pick it up and go to the next parking lot and put it on before you go back across the border!  Just an idea..........

Didit

(y)Try RockAuto.com they are a US based but have good shipping prices i got a front wheel hub and i still saved over $100 over any where here in Saskatoon SK

Will try that site. I live about 3 hours north of the border to Washington. I wonder if there is a way to get it in Omak. It's not hard to put on a mirror and the wife and I could use a trip.
Called them direct and was told it was a dealer only item !

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0&_nkw=20843108&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Back