• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

General Motors Heritage Center tour Saturday May 31, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS03 2500

PM 2017
PM 2015
SM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
discover.jpg

imagine.jpg

design.jpg

innovate.jpg

explore.jpg

General Motors has invited all Chevy Avalanche and Cadillac EXT Owners to come to the
General Motors Heritage Center (tentative date) Saturday May 31, 2014
About the Heritage Center it is not available to the public and Mark has went out of his way to make this happen.

General Motors Heritage Center

WEBSITE

MAP

A few of you know I am working with GM to visit the Heritage Center.

The Heritage Center is an 81,000 sq. ft. facility that hosts GM North American Heritage Collection of approximately 600 cars and trucks. Many reflect GM's industry firsts, like the first electric self-starter, used on the 1912 Cadillac, the first production V8 that powered the 1915 Cadillac, and the first air bag, found on 1974 Buick, Cadillac, and Oldsmobile models. Others are technological experiments like the first American gas turbine-powered car, Firebird 1, or the world's first hydrogen fuel cell-powered vehicle, the 1966 Electro-van. Concept cars and special-interest styling/performance one-offs are part of the mix, along with significant race cars and milestone production vehicles such as the first production 1966 Olds Toronado featuring General Motors' front-wheel drive.

The GM Heritage Collection is ever-changing. New vehicles are constantly being obtained to fully represent GM's product story of the past 100+ years.

One is to meet with the Engineers and the SEMA team and discuss our vehicles and see the different changes (AKA mods) that we have made so they can incorporate into future vehicles.

And there is a couple of things I should not talk about. Next GEN :-X

Second for us to see the Real History of GM Past Present and Future.

Working with GM we will have the Last Production Avalanche there and hopefully a couple pre-production Avalanches.

I may ask that each family donate 20.00 directly to the center before the outing that can be used to buy Merchandise in the Heritage Center, but I?m still working out the details. I am limited to host only 150 people now but if we have enough response I think they will increase my limit.

The cost is $20.00 per person

Please be at the Hotel by 10:00 AM or meet us at the Heritage Center by 10:30.
Comfort Inn
7001 Convention Blvd,
Warren, MI, US, 48092

Schedule

10:00 at the Comfort Inn
10:30 drive to the heritage Center
11:00 Tour Starts
1:00   Tour ends and go to lunch

More to come.

Also if you need a hotel for a stay over I think DouglasOak can make that work with a discount. (y)

Hotel Info

Comfort Inn
7001 Convention Blvd,
Warren, MI, US, 48092

Phone: (586) 268-9020
Fax: (586) 268-9023

MAP

Pet Friendly Hotel

Candlewood Suites
Detroit-Warren
7010 Convention Blvd,
Warren, Michigan, 48092

MS03 2500
Didit n Lu
Intimidatoruag 3
Calicak89
NatsCanAv
enoniam 1
Mentholized
MLM +1
Alaska_AV. 5
DouglasOaks +1
Underwood +4
Dluvr22 +1
xoutofmyheadx
GoldBowTie Toots
James21
Mdz66  +1
broden +2
Tpicks55 plus one
avdavidw
ChevyNick +2
SilverPony
DanGTO

Cool:  I've been to a lot of Car Shows and Museums including the Corvette Museum and Woodward Dream Cruise the Heritage Center has them beat 10 fold. (y)

Stay tuned for the hotel info.  (y)

Wow LastMinuteMomma its been a while since I heard from you. Keep in mind I'm limited to 150 folk so don't wait too late

The list is growing. Thanks everyone.

MS03 2500
LastMinuteMomma
Didit n Lu
Intimidatoruag 3
Calicak89
NatsCanAv
enoniam 1
Doorguy 1
Mentholized

It's funny only one from Michigan and I was telling Mark folks needed some travel time.

Got a PM from a  mystery guest coming from a long waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Added another long distance member

Added the Hotel information to the second post, do not book a room yet we still have to get the discount.

Cat Dancer said:
:cry: Wasn't me. :cry:

Way further than you but in the right direction.  >:D

But if you want to fly in I think we could handle it. This Museum is something you want to see, I've been trying for 10 years

A couple more teaser Pic.

This is a 2012 Supercharged COPO Camaro Convertible GM made 2 of them The Black one is at the Heritage Center and it's Redhead sister was auctioned at Barrett Jackson and went for 400,000 for charity.

If you think it looks familiar it was on the car show Fast n Loud and yes Dennis and Richard were at the Heritage Center when they let him start it.

IMG_20130814_133618_252_zps22c204d3.jpg

IMG_20130814_133647_798_zps9106cd28.jpg

IMG_20130814_133631_998_zps9c920a40.jpg

copo_zpsd3b5cffc.png

Im in for sure. The wifey has to get off. As much as i lover her, im not passing up this visit. lol So add me +1 maybe

Oh my, I hope the wife doesn't read this.

MS03 2500 said:
Way further than you but in the right direction.  >:D

But if you want to fly in I think we could handle it. This Museum is something you want to see, I've been trying for 10 years

I will probably fly in for this too, but I will drive the 13 hours to southeast Michigan if I have to. Wife said "have a good time." lol

Well if you do fly in Flint Bishop airport is closer and easier to get into and out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back