• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Iggee Seat Covers vs Coveking Moda Line

Dluvr22

PM 2014
PM 2013
So I've been looking for seat covers for my truck to replace my worn factory seats.
Years ago I went with Iggee for seat covers for my 95 Toyota 4Runner and I was very impressed.
In fact they outlived the truck and I got lots of comments on them when I had that vehicle

Fast forward to now and I am looking for seat covers for my truck and my first thought was to go back to Iggee.
But I thought why not research a bit first.
I go looking online and I see that Coverking now has a budget line of seat covers call the Coverking Moda line that are priced comparatively to the Iggee seat coves.
Same materials I understand but with a different stitching In addition they're missing the pockets in the back of the front seats .
Iggee on the other hand is nickel and diming me for the armrest covers for my seats as I have to pay extra to have it when they're included with the Coverking brand.

Interestingly though I see the Coverking Moda line available to order through retailers however I called Coverking on 3 separate occasions and the customer service reps have never heard of it nor can they sell them to me.

Any thoughts?

Well I have the IGGEE seat covers in my truck and they are holding up great.. all but the driver but that is my fault since i had something sharp in my back pocket one day and tore the outer part of the leather barely but now its spreading... I am going to be ordering a new one soon  (n)

Wyotonka's seats are nice. I have a pic he posted somewhere but can't find it.
For $179 a row it's not a bad deal at all.

Here's the company's photo of an avalanche

8bb6_12.JPG

and their site:

www.iggee.com

I've asked and they will ship internationally for a fee of coures.

Thanks Dluvr22  :wave: Here is a pic of the upper back...

and it turns out I still dont have pics of the fronts...  :E: I will try and get some soon  (y)

Dluvr22 said:

8bb6_12.JPG

and their site:

www.iggee.com

Nice looking seat covers, but I hate to tell them that isn't an Avalanche.

I had the iggee covers in my 05 silverado, I thought they were great, especially for the price. I sliced the seat, only 6 months after buying it brand new. I put the covers on in Dec. 05 and sold it in August 08 with 168,000 mi. I'm 6'7", 300lbs and at that time I was working full time out in field on residential construction projects, so my truck's interior took a beating.
When I went to trade it in, the dealer asked my when I had the seats reupholstered. I told him they weren't, that they were covers, I then told him that I put them on 140,000 miles ago and he didn't believe me. If I was to buy covers again, I wouldn't even think about it. I'd buy the iggees again.

correct me if i am wrong these are seat covers correct, not replacement upholstery. My leather seats are perfect at 50K miles (2005) but only because we treat the vehicle like a shrine because we have know how the chevy factory leather turns out. we step out the front onto the side step rails looking like idiots everytime we "unsaddle". if i put the covers over my seats, how abrasive to the leather underneath. we are ready to unshrine the avalanche!

Dluvr22 said:

8bb6_12.JPG

and their site:

www.iggee.com

NICE!!!!  (y)

IGGEE are the right choice. Ordered and installed a set in the Camaro today. Great fit and ease of installation. The color match is wonderful.

Counting down the day until the they get here.
also planning on ordering a custom molded dash cover as my current dash has the paint peeling at the edges.
Since I'm gonna do this I might as well do it all.

mavericknj said:
IGGEE are the right choice. Ordered and installed a set in the Camaro today. Great fit and ease of installation. The color match is wonderful.

Pics please. After all its still a Chevy.

Mike-buggsbuggy said:
correct me if i am wrong these are seat covers correct, not replacement upholstery. My leather seats are perfect at 50K miles (2005) but only because we treat the vehicle like a shrine because we have know how the chevy factory leather turns out. we step out the front onto the side step rails looking like idiots everytime we "unsaddle". if i put the covers over my seats, how abrasive to the leather underneath. we are ready to unshrine the avalanche!

Yes they are just covers made to fit like factory unlike the universal ones you buy at your local auto parts store.
I had themk on my factory leather seats on my 4runner until it died and the covers never hurt the leather at all as they have a foam padding in them

montoya32 said:
How do the front covers fair with the heated/cooled seats?

I'll know soon enough but I don't expect any problem on my 02.
The heating pads get so hot under the factory leather that they burn your bum if you don't turn them off.
My girlfriend got so used to them that her first complaint when I bought her the FX35 last December was that the heated seats in that vehicle was not working.
I had the seat covers over my seats in my last vehicle with a massaging and heated cushion under it and it worked fine.

As far as cooling I am not sure since my seats aren't cooled right now

:woohoo: :woohoo:
My seat covers shipped today.
Now I got to find a guy who can do embroidery and figure how I am going to get these on.

Still debating whether to go with both the Chevy logo and the Transformers one or either one of them by itself.

Dluvr22 said:
:woohoo: :woohoo:
My seat covers shipped today.
Now I got to find a guy who can do embroidery and figure how I am going to get these on.

Still debating whether to go with both the Chevy logo and the Transformers one or either one of them by itself.
Sweet!   (y)  Maybe put the bowtie on the seats like the standard '02 and put the transformer on the headrests.  If you were near Dayton, OH, which I know you're not, I could hook you up with my brother-in-law who owns an automotive re-upholstery shop.

hey im looking at these my avy is charcoal but im working on doing blue accents would the black and blue seat covers be weird in a charcoal avy?

Dakotawilk said:
hey im looking at these my avy is charcoal but im working on doing blue accents would the black and blue seat covers be weird in a charcoal avy?

Depends on what you want to do and what your interior color is right now.
If My Avy was charcoal, I'd probably go with black and gray seat covers.

If fact if they had orange similar to my paint code in leather, that would have been my first choice.
Coverking does make an Inferno Orange.
I even got a swatch of it to compare with my paint and it is a very close match unfortunately it is cloth only.
These were all the reasons why it took me so long to make up my mind which route to go.

On another note I got a sweet deal on a pair of 24 inch tires for my rims.
Unfortunately I cannot afford to get the tires and the dash cover I had in mind so I picked the tires.
Guess the dash cover will have to wait until more funds are available to me

I sure hope I can find a place to align my truck properly this year as my last set only lasted 1 summer.
The fronts are worn to about 40% on the inside while there is still 90% thread on the outside.
The rears however are fine.
I think I will keep my old fronts though as I don't want to buy tires again anytime soon.
24 inch tires are freaking expensive.

I have grey interior but I want it to look like blue was part of the truck as if it was a original accent guess it doesn't matter don't have the money right now

Back