• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Where to eat a nice dinner In Kissammee?

Hug_R_Av

PM 2017
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2004
Looking for a recommendation for a nice place to eat in the Kissammee area.

Not going into Disney but would like to have a nice sit down dinner.
Seafood is not an option.

Any thoughts?

Can't specifically say any one place in particular, but when I lived in Florida, I always found the little one-off Family Restaurants were some of the best places to eat.
Used to be one in the town I lived in that had the BEST grilled pork chops and kraut I ever had.

Just about every town in Florida has one, but you have to be ready to eat by 4:30 (the early bird special) and most of them are closed by 7:30 in the evening.

Check out Chef John's
Friends recommended it to us last time we were down, but we flew thru town around lunchtime after a huge breakfast.
We were told the Gumbo is great (if you like spicy) and the Ribs are amazing. His wife isn't a seafood fan either and she raved about it.

http://www.chefjohnsplace.com/
Dinner menu below...
http://www.chefjohnsplace.com/menu.pdf

If it's still there, I think it is called "Jack's" or something like that.  Huge wine selection.  They age their own beef in a meat locker in the restaurant. 

http://www.jacksplacerestaurant.com/location/

I think this is the right link

Ciao Italia Restaurant | 6149 Westwood BLVD. | Orlando, FL 32821 | 407.354.0770

Small place with excellent food and a wonderful atmosphere...

It might be a little too late, but I grew up in Kissimmee and still have family there.  Not sure where you are staying, but there are a couple of great places right in downtown Kissimmmee. 

Broadway Pizza - Great pizza place with a bar.
3 Sisters Speakeasy - Has good bar food/sandwiches/entrees.  Plus, you can order in sushi from the place next door.
Sushi - Next door to above, great as well
There is another place nextdoor to that as well but I have not eaten there.

On weekends, all the places open up to eachother and you can order stuff from each place from your table.  There is usually some type of live music, and a couple of great bars right there as well.

Vintage Vino has a huge wine selection as well as many craft beers.

If your more towards St. Cloud, try the clubhouse at the St. Cloud Royal Links Golf Club.  Great food as well. 

There are also all the usual chain places, but you can get that stuff anywhere.

I'm sure there are a lot  more, but we usually tended to stay away from the stuff west of John Young (on 192) as they catered to the "one visit tourists", and the food and service was usually sub par. 

Not too late at all we are here now.
Went to BJs brew house last night to visit a non active member.
We ended up getting a great deal on a villa at the Sheraton in Orlando.
Can't beat $250 for a weeks stay with no sales pitches.

May have to try the 3 sisters area tonight as it sounds like a good time for sure.

Then find a really nice sit down place for dinner Sunday night.

Have to be at ESPN complex early Sunday morning for the first round then they are the last team to compete Monday night.

I wish i would have known you were in FL Hugz. I would have stopped on my way down to south FL. I was so busy packing i wasnt even getting online to see who was doing what. I still owe you one,  havent forgot.

Back