• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What is you favorit Escalade EXT

Patrick_B

What is your favorit style Escalade EXT the 1st gen or 2nd gen.  For me I always liked the 1st gen, it looked more agressive and powerful compaired to the 2nd gen EXT. The 2nd gen to me looked to classy and fancy witch I suppose that is what Cadillac is suppose to be, but the 1st gen didnt fit that really and looked like a Chevy Avalanche brand more then a Cadillac.  Off topic but the 2nd gen Avalanche looks to fit in with a Caddy more especially a LTZ 2012-13, but both 2nd gens I think only diffrence is just the face grille, everything else is completly the same where 1st had small diffrences like taillight hights the sails where diffrent in molds and brake light.

It's a tough choice, I kinda like the 2ND gen because they tried to make it a distinctive Cadillac.

I like the Jet Fighter look of the interior(but not the wood)

The 40 extra horsepower(403 vs 366) from the 6.2 is something to behold, the combination of the 6.2 6 speed tranny and AWD is something else.

On the downside of this the 6.2 has a compression ratio over 10:1 which makes the recommended fuel premium. It doesn't respond well with regular.

Gas mileage is  12 / 18 which is just a bit better than my 2500 but it will pin you to the back of the seat. With premium it actually cost more to drive than a 2500.  JMO

Back