• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Wine Trail Friday at 2:00 pm

CntrySngr72

SM 2007
Madison Indiana Wine Trail

Hey gang!  One of the events listed on the schedule for Friday is to head out for a wine tasting along the Indiana Wine Trail.  Due to the time needed and the distance of all of the wineries in the area we will not be able to hit them all, however we can get to at least 4 of them in the few hours we'll be out and about.  Here's a link to the map:

http://www.indianawinetrail.com/maps.php

The plan is as follows:

Leave the hotel area at 2:00 PM and head to the first winery, Lantier Winery. We can taste and shop at this winery for 30 minutes, and then head on to the next one:  Thomas Family Winery Again, plan on being here for about 30 minutes and then we will cruise to the next: Madison Vinyards Estate Winery,and after a short visit there, (we need to leave Madison by 4:30 for dinner reservations) we will cruise to the final destination at the Ertel Cellars Winery.

At this last destination we will have dinner available in their restaurant.  Since the schedule calls for free time for dinner, I thought this might be nice to do.  The Menu can be viewed here:

http://ertelcellarswinery.com/documents/DinnerMenu_2014.pdf

This tour has changed from the original route.  Thank you for your interest in joining us!

Attending

CntrySngr72 (wife and baby, not tasting!)
Dueck & Debbie
GoldBowTie & Toots
Mark24v & Sharon
Tpicks55 and Teach8
DonGXNLT & wife Sue
MDZ66 +1

Maybe

I'll be with you in spirit only ;)

Bringing this one back up - any other takers?  I'll be putting together the itinerary soon and will need to set a reservation for dinner at our final stop.  (y)

Awesome!  Hoping to get one more person, but if not, that's ok...I plan on contacting the wineries next week and laying out our route.

Thank you to everyone who has signed up so far!  (y)

DonGXNLT & wife Sue would like to join winery tour .... if its not too late.....

DonGXNLT said:
DonGXNLT & wife Sue would like to join winery tour .... if its not too late.....
Welcome! I guess this means that you are attending our National Event. I will add you guys to the attending list.  :wave:

This schedule will change slightly.  Anyone opposed to a bit longer of a drive if needed?  The final stop where I planned on eating is having a luau and the cost is $60 per couple...a bit steep, and we will have our baby with us.  I'm looking at an alternative 'end' but its a bit of a jaunt from Madison.  It's still part of the same wine trail, though.

Otherwise we could find a place to go as a group on the drive, or individually after the last winery.  I'll post more tomorrow (Saturday) as I get it ironed out.

Hey gang!  I need a quick vote: 

Option 1) Go to the Ridge winery as planned on the river (about 25 miles from Madison) and when done there work our way back to Madison and find a place to eat together (I'll look ahead of time and come up with a place before Thursday) or we can go off on our own to eat.

Option 2) Cut out the Ridge winery and instead go to Ertel Cellars about 42 miles from Madison (50 min drive) and do tasting there and then dine at their restaurant and head back afterwards.  We can still do the 3 wineries in Madison itself with this option.

Please let me know ASAP so I can get the maps ready, call the wineries for estimated times of arrival, and look for a dinner spot should we choose to stay closer to Madison and the river.

Thanks!

Back