• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

We should plan to meet someplace in NC for some light off road and / or camping

etepsnewo

Hi everyone. I am not new to the site but haven't been on here in some time.
I have owned an Avalanche since 2002. Currently have my second one. Its a 2005 4x4 with full cladding I also bought new.

Would be cool to meetup with other owners maybe for some light off road and/or camping sometime.
Mine is totally stock and on street tires so nothing to crazy off road please. LOL

Post here if anyone is interested and knows of good places. Maybe we can put something together soon.

Thanks,
Pete

Sounds good to me. What part of the state are you in?
I'm in Union County so I'm about 3 hours to just about most of the state.
If we start planning now we might be able to pull this off this fall.

I'd love to!....But I am a lonely ol' 2wd...lol

I may just have to ride along with someone....or bring a tow strap...lol

jmuller62, I am in Wake County just south west of Raleigh.

No problem ARMYtango. Sure there will be plenty of open seats available for a passenger or two. Avalanches do have the option of seating for five, plus I always carry a tow strap in mine. :)

Anyway, I don't think we would be doing any mud bogging or rock crawling. At least I won't in mine mostly because I want to keep my cladding, paint and running boards in good shape and on the truck. LOL

BooomerX, Asheville is a nice area. Know or any cool places to explore that aren't to hard to navigate ?  :B:

Found this site with some places. Not sure it they are tame enough for me. http://www.nc4x4.com/where-to-go-wheeling/

My Avy is mostly a highway queen and vacation ride. Most of my 4wheelin is usually done during winter when things get messy in WNC. There's plenty of trails around here just check with the park service or forest service.

Back