• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Water leak front 2 corners in front

sjr32

Ok this is kind of a follow up to my how to remove the dashboard. I'm getting water coming in from the upper front corners up inside the dash. I thought it might be the sunroof drain tubes, but they do drain, I pored water and it did drain out. I would love to rip out the dash but I need pics or video of what needs to be removed. I started to take it out but got stuck.  The leaks look like they are coming from the bottom corners of the windshield, not that the windshield is leaking that's just where it looks like its coming from. I'm not ruling out the sunroof drains, just looking at my options.

Here's an idea for ya...
I had a leak coming in from the outside vents under the windshield.  The water would come in and leak into my HVAC motor...which caused it to eventually fail.
I removed the blower motor from under the dash and noticed a puddle of water up inside.
I looked up in there and found what looked to be the underside of a plastic cover plate...I took some silicone and siliconed all around the plate, and have not had any leaks since.

So instead of taking the dash apart...just take the blower unit from under the dash and look up inside.  I beth if you silicone that plate, it may stop your leak problem.

EDIT:  I just noticed you asked about a wet HVAC blower back in March....

Did you do what I mentioned above...and in that thread?

Yes I read what you  said, the next time it rained I took off the cover and took out the blower, no sign of water stuck my fingers up there didn't feel any water.  I have to say how the heck did you get under there to look up never mind caulk it? When I take off the  kick panel and you see a piece of black "molding"  that is where the water is coming in from up top by the corner.

HAHA...I had to do a type of limbo with the seat all the way back, my back on the floor and my head under the dash looking up.

Never said it was easy...lol

Try getting a water hose and flooding the area around the windshield and then the antennas in the roof.

Tearing apart the dash is not easy.

Oh yeah start at the lower left side of the windshield go up to the top then across to the right side then down.

Back