• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

I want Brushed Aluminum Inserts for my Av

Henneyz07

So I was sitting here trying to figure out how I can come up on some brushed aluminum inserts for the truck without taking out a second on the house.  I then hit the web and began looking around at some different possibilities..... and came across this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-X-60-SILVER-BRUSHED-ALUMINUM-VINYL-WRAP-PRO-GRADE-BUBBLE-FREE-AIR-RELEASE-/141051843186?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20d7585272&vxp=mtr

Has anyone gone this route at all? Do you think it will actually look like brushed alum by the time its all said and done?  If not, im willing to be the guinea pig and give it a try... I think :rolleyes:  Sorry, im not good with the links yet.

Henneyz07 said:
30 views and zero responses.....  no opinions at all?
Many of those views can be Bots crawling the web looking for random hits on key words.

I tried some vinyl on my trim pieces before and was not happy with the results. This stuff you've linked looks different though.

Not sure it was exactly the same, but I used an "Aluminum" vinyl to do some detail work on my 05 when I had it, and it did look good and provided a different look than stock, as I was trying to match the Silver Birch Metallic paint as closely as possible.
However, it couldn't be passed off as aluminum. it's shiny and silver and has some striations in the color, but doesn't pass for the real thing. Your wife and kids might not notice the difference but anyone investigating or with an eye for detail will, but for $19 I would be willing to give it a try.

My buddy used a kit from BDTrims.com in his acura and it looks pretty good, all the pieces were pre-cut and fit well. I think he spent around $150 though

I would buy it and try it, it is only roughly $20 and especially since it says it is bubble free, that was half the battle of doing my interior with carbon fiber vinyl wrap but in the end it turned out amazing.  I have a thread started in this section with a couple of pictures of the final result.  Oh and btw, I had the typical standard wood grain looking interior panels.  I covered all of the wood grain up, from the passenger side dash and all 4 doors where the window and door lock switches are.

Back