• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2011 Avalanche Interior mod

Gen2Firefighter

Hello everyone!  This is my first post so please take it easy on me if I don't "do as the Romans do".

I have a 2011 Avalanche LT Z71.  While attempting to install a navigation radio with back-up camera, I decided I wasn't 100% satisfied with any of the 3 units I installed  :E:.  I have since given up on navigation units and decided to go with a rear-view mirror with LCD screen.

My Avalanche is factory equipped with a black, auto-dimmer, map lights, and OnStar.

I have found a rear-view mirror (with LCD screen, auto dim, map lights, and OnStar) from a 2011 Equinox.  I need to know if it's possible to add this mirror to my vehicle if it was not originally equipped with it.  I know the mirror between an Avalanche and Equinox is compatible, but I don't know if there is something preventing me from having the aftermarket camera work with the OEM mirror.  The camera comes with the video RCA cable (yellow) and the mirror obviously comes with the usual harness.  I will do MORE research to see how to tap the two together.

Thanks for any help!

I don't believe so unfortunately the BCM controls both the camera and mirror.
But you may want to talk to the dealer and maybe they can add it.

Back