• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Question about grille fitment...

Well the AV without lower cladding share the same front end as a silverado, BUT why are you considering buying that. ???

I don't have the lower cladding on my Avalanche, so I assumed it would.  I just wanted to be sure. I am exploring my options on what I want to do since I hate chrome.  I am trying to eliminate the chrome strip that goes from headlight to headlight on the grille and have it match the body color.

BSpiersJr said:
I don't have the lower cladding on my Avalanche, so I assumed it would.  I just wanted to be sure. I am exploring my options on what I want to do since I hate chrome.  I am trying to eliminate the chrome strip that goes from headlight to headlight on the grille and have it match the body color.

I love you man (y)

Just sand the shiney chrome down and paint it your body color. I would not waste the money.

I took your advice...  Used Dupli-Color Color match spray paint, primer, as well as clear coat.  Came out extremely well, in my opinion! I even upgraded my bow tie.  I had a billet bow tie that I blacked out.  I went a step further this time and turned it into a "thin-red line" (for fallen firefighters) since I am a firefighter myself. 

The Before
IMG_6641_zps472064bc.jpg

After 1st coat of primer....used 3 coats total
IMG_6642_zps4b697588.jpg

1st coat of Victory Red
IMG_6645_zps93ec3212.jpg

Prepping and masking the bowtie for its "thin-red line", then finished bowtie
IMG_6647_zps35e6f31b.jpg

IMG_6649_zpsb7c5d476.jpg

IMG_6650_zps51989e75.jpg

Back on the truck
IMG_6651_zpsbd38d1e0.jpg

Before and After
IMG_6654_zpsff289ce8.jpg

Then a shot by the lake, just because...
AvalancheLake_zps61b7dd6b.jpeg

Looks great.  Love the tribute to fallen fire fighters.   (y)

Back