• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

? about the 2005 running board & other years compatibility

ladylioness

Hello, I have a 2005 Z71 Avalanche that I have bought 2 running boards for but had to return them because they were different years & weren't like the oem one on my truck.  My truck has cladding & the running boards have the plastic casing that goes fully around the step. Were any other years made like this or was 2005 the only year. I am in need of a passenger side running board & am having trouble locating one.

You may be having troubles getting the right parts if the store/dealer doesn't realize you have an AV with lower cladding. They may be concentrating on the Z71 part of your description, the Z71 usually came with chrome/stainless tube step bars on the side especially in a WBH (without body hardware) AV.
I think the running boards of the 2002-2006 cladded AVs should mount on any year. There was some color differences in the cladding over the years but don't know if the running boards changed colors.
Good luck with your search for the right parts.

Thank you , I have tried an 04 & 06 running board but the brackets are different & not encased in plastic. They do know I have cladding & have looked at my truck but unfortunately they are not aware of the brackets or the running boards being different.

Back