• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Unknown Westin Brush Guard

2002blackedout2500

I found this Westin Sportsman grille guard for only $100 online. Thing is, the owner had no clue from what type of vehicle it came off of, all he knew was they previously owned a full-size Ford, GMC, and Dodge. Of course the mounting brackets was lost.

I ended up buying it anyway and created my own brackets out of some hardware I found at Home Depot. However when removing my tow hooks I noticed the passenger side was bent inwards :E: The previous owner must've got into a fender bender that the dealership never told me about! This was a major problem...however I did manage to mount it.

The bracket area is not the prettiest DIY and I'll probably redo it in the future, and the fit may be off by 1/2 an inch to the left (due to the bent frame) but overall i like it! 1st pic is without driving lights:

Attachments

• grilleguard1.jpg
    grilleguard1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 110
  • grilleguard2.jpg
    grilleguard2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 110
  • grilleguard3.jpg
    grilleguard3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 110
  • grilleguard4.jpg
    grilleguard4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 110
Forgot to mention, I initially was going to buy a bull bar because the actual brush guards for our AVs seemed just a little awkward. The area around the headlights seems to expand outward and turn upward, making it seem too big? (see pic below)

null-4-2.jpg

I dunno...some people like that look. The guard I got goes straight across.

By the way...if you look closely the brush guard is a bit high as well..that will be fixed when I redo the brackets haha ;)

yours is a good tight fit vs. the other wider version. I like the look much better.
You are now ready for Zombie patrol!

HawaiianBrian said:
yours is a good tight fit vs. the other wider version. I like the look much better.
You are now ready for Zombie patrol!

hahaha...that's what my kids said! Thanks HawaiianBrian  (y)

Back