• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

The Woodward Dream Cruise Week August 8-15 2015

MS03 2500

PM 2017
PM 2015
SM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
Anyone going I'm there some where all week long, I'm trying to make a schedule.

And Flint 4X4 if you post back to the bricks in flint you better come this time.

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

I'll be cruising it weeks before the actual dream cruise week.  Maybe I'll actually see you out there this year.  I usually cruise between 13 mile and 15 mile though.  Not sure where you are usually at...

My friend is telling me it's already getting busy there on the weekends and that I gotta get out there!  Hmm maybe this Friday night I'll check it out!

Id be up for going again! Last year was pretty cool. We need to get a few more to come down and drive the strip!

As for BTTB, I went up and down Saginaw St whenever I could last year, I was really surprised at the amount of people that lined the road to just watch!

Captn---

Yeah I down there every year since it started. I normally hang out at  13 mile and Woodward.

MS03 2500 said:
And Flint 4X4 if you post back to the bricks in flint you better come this time.

I only get every third Saturday off, I think I have that one off  :cautious: 

Sloan Museum Auto Fair Saturday, June 28, and Sunday, June 29

Byron, you're almost the only one I've got to come to the Flint auto shows. Check out the above link.
I can go either , more people will see the link here than if I posted a new thread.

Sloans Auto Fair is always a good time especially the swap meet area.

MS03 2500 said:
Sloans Auto Fair is always a good time especially the swap meet area.

The Swap Meet area is tits, if anyone plans on stopping by shoot me a PM.

Ran across this one today probably a early 70s Eldorado with wire wheels and knock off hub caps.

The paint was dead on and the big whitewall tires

cadillac_zpsiaowvnmi.jpg

Woodward Avenue is part of the old Dixie Trail that Buick used to prove how reliable his car was by driving from Flint to Detroit in 1904 under conditions we'd call off-road today.

In a way this is the 110th anniversary of the Dream Cruise  (y) 

Flint4x4 said:

The Swap Meet area is tits, if anyone plans on stopping by shoot me a PM.

I can make Sloans, but what is that in the Red. Strip Joint AKA pole dancers  :laugh:

hahaha I will be in Crump the 14-17 in August, so close. Seems my family is in direct competition with club events.

Well let us know if you have time to stop by, I'll be around all week.

Always there.

Unfortunately i no longer own a classic car as of last weekend, but I'll have the Av and G8 out.

MS03 2500 said:
I can make Sloans, but what is that in the Red. Strip Joint AKA pole dancers  :laugh:

They are around the corner on Dort Hwy, probably even closer to find street walkers  :beating:  

You know where I live, call or just stop in and I'll go to the Sloan with you.
It's fun but I like the Golden Memories in Sept. better,....

I'm going to ask for the Dream Cruise week off, I'll know next week if I get it.

DanGTO said:
Always there.

Unfortunately i no longer own a classic car as of last weekend, but I'll have the Av and G8 out.
Hope we can meet up... I would love to take a little ride in the GXP!!

Just read an article in a local news paper for Royal Oak / Clawson.  It was regarding how people are already out cruising Woodward.  Apparently, some local residents are upset.  Here are some of my favorite quotes from the article:
"my neighbors and I have calculated we have to listen to the cars for at least 40 hours a week"
"we have seen cars come driving through our neighborhood at over 70mph"

I think these people need to calm down, how do you even calculate you are listening to 40 hours of unwanted car noise a week, directly from "early bird cruisers".  I think it is so cool (for lack of a better word) that Woodward (12-14mile) is a spot you can go on any given weekend in the summer and see all kinds of car enthusiasts having a good time with their cars and friends.  Whether it's old or new, everyone has the same thing common, and that's why people go there all summer long.

Besides, the city should be enjoying the extra revenue for "tire squealing" and "aggressive acceleration". :)

Yeah folks have been cruising Woodward for 60 years in the summertime. They need to move.

ChevyNick said:
Just read an article in a local news paper for Royal Oak / Clawson.

I lived a block off Woodward/11 Mile in Royal Oak for 5 years just before the Cruise started. Clawson is shaped like a bowtie  :B:  It's only two miles long and a mile wide in the middle. Who cares what people in Clawson think? It's a tiny town named after a grocer named Lawson who didn't care when the US Post Office added a "C" to his name as long as they got local mail.

You'll find the most vocal people are always the cranks against something. The people in support of the Dream Cruise have no reason to complain, it brings in countless dollars to the local communities from Ferndale to Pontiac and even our Flint extension called "the Bricks". Let them whine, sure it's an inconvenience to some local people but it's a huge cash cow to local business so it's not going to stop until people stop coming.

DouglasOak said:
Hope we can meet up... I would love to take a little ride in the GXP!!

You and me both, I haven't driven it more than a car length [while in storage] since last October [when it went to the body shop]!

HAd some extra work done while I was paying to get the rest

Needless to say, it won't be out much anymore after all this :)  

I treat this car better than myself [haha]...at least until i get stupid enough to sell it.  Going to send the Av over to them for some details sooner than later.

MS03 2500 said:
Nice ride DanGTO

If I had a 6.2L I would leave the hood off all the time and just stare at it!!
(From the driver seat,  with my foot heavy on the GO pedal that is!!)

The Super Bowl for marijuana, High Times magazine's Cannabis Cup, considered one of the premier marijuana events in the world is coming to Genesee County.

The Cannabis Cup is scheduled for July 26 and 27 at the Michigan Auto City Speedway in Vienna Township. It is  the same weekend as the Sloan Summer Auto Fair.

I just had to share this, if you see some really slow drivers in the area it could be another reason than an old car  :laugh: 

DouglasOak said:
If I had a 6.2L I would leave the hood off all the time and just stare at it!!
(From the driver seat,  with my foot heavy on the GO pedal that is!!)

Add a Supercharger on it and hold on for dear life.  >:D

I had an SC, a maggie 2300 in chrome.  Sold it last year to start paying off my student loans in chunks [as I'm not waiting 30 years], and those are basically done with now at this point.

Would've been nice, but less debt = more fun.

Back