• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

275/70R18 w/2" level rubbing on front

tbonecpa

The 275/70R18 Cooper AT3's on stock rims definitely fill the wheelwells of my 2013 Avy. I removed the front inner fenderwell screw but will need to do some heating and bending to make the fronts completely rub free. A little more leveling won't help unfotrunately, would actually make it worse based on where it is hitting. The rears don't rub at all. FYI, they measure 33.2x11.1.

Very happy with this size and make overall, $725 (after $100 rebate) mounted and balanced. Thought about going bigger but that would have taken a full lift and didn't want to do that while under factory warranty. The lift, install, and bigger tires would have also been another $1500 easy. Next investments are exhaust and tune to make up for the lost mpg and power.  The bigger, heavier tires (54lbs vs 35lbs stock) definitely take more oompf to turn. I am okay with that sacrifice. They are very quiet, ride well at 44 psi, and work better than the stock Goodyear SR-A in dry, wet, mud, and snow. My two teenage sons have AT3's on their trucks as well, 265/75R16 and 315/75R16. They are often going to pull out a buddy who got stuck in a mud hole or a snow bank.  (y)

I just installed a 2" leveling kit as well as 275/70R18s on my 2009. Do you have any pictures of your modded wheel wells? Or can you give me any hits/tips since I too have some rubbing up front.

You'll have to get under there and start trimming til it doesn't rub. I had a 3" lvl kit on mine with 275/70/18" on the stock Z71 wheel and had to cut into the inner fender and liner. I didn't have to cut any body (fender, bumper, etc) though.

Back