• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

The saga has ended - we brought home a bumblebee

frito

PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2018
PM 2017
The long and arduous saga has come to a close as we have finally entered the ranks of Avy owners.  My daughter got her license last year and started driving my winter/hockey which meant I needed a news to me winter ride.  We also decided we wanted a vehicle better suited for camping than anything we currently own.  After contemplating this and considering that we decided back in early December that the Swiss Army Pocket Knife of automobiles was the best fit, and so the search began.  From Cincinnati, we made trips to Columbus & Dayton, OH; Indianapolis, IN; Louisville, KY; Bristol TN and numerous local places.  My wife and daughter even drove one up in Grand Rapids, MI while there for a hockey tournament.  We really wanted that one but missed it by a few bucks to another person.  

Finally, about two weeks ago, I find one up in Brunswick, OH, just south of Cleveland.  "This better be the one because I am sick of wasting my time and going on all these wild goose chases!"  Well, we get up there and the thing is as clean in person as it is on the dealer's web site.  Shiny, not a hint of rust or even a paint bubble.  Hmm, good first sign.  We take it for a spin and it drives nice.  Very clean inside and out.  It was the nicest one by far that I have looked at.  My wife and daughter still liked the Grand Rapids one a little bit better but this one was right up there with it.  It was a little cleaner even than the GR one so all is good.  OK, let's go for it - and not lose out on another one.

Time to talk price.  Well, doesn't that just figure.  Others are lining up to look at it as well and the dealer had to replace a $700 part that he was expecting to to be $200.  No budging on price.   :mad: (n)  Even though it's over our initial budget, it is NICE.  We already lost out to one by being penny wise and pound foolish.   :beating:  What the heck, let's do it.

Which brings us to here and now.  After six months of non-stop  :E: :E: :E: :E: we finally picked up the Bumblebee yesterday and brought it home.   :love: :B:  We are out of money so there are no mods in the foreseeable future other than full time Ambers.  Time to pack it up for a camping trip to Acadia National Park in a few weeks and put her to work.   >:D

For your viewing pleasure...

Attachments

• IMAG0377 (400x226).jpg
    IMAG0377 (400x226).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_20140611_080743001 (400x225).jpg
    IMG_20140611_080743001 (400x225).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_20140611_080809569 (400x225).jpg
    IMG_20140611_080809569 (400x225).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 315
  • IMAG0374 (400x226).jpg
    IMAG0374 (400x226).jpg
    66 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_20140610_151305953 (400x225).jpg
    IMG_20140610_151305953 (400x225).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 323
Outstanding!

(y)

Thanks gang.  I put the ambers in this evening.  Next up is making them full time along with all on high. 

frito said:
The long and arduous saga has come to a close as we have finally entered the ranks of Avy owners.  My daughter got her license last year and started driving my winter/hockey which meant I needed a news to me winter ride.  We also decided we wanted a vehicle better suited for camping than anything we currently own.  After contemplating this and considering that we decided back in early December that the Swiss Army Pocket Knife of automobiles was the best fit, and so the search began.  From Cincinnati, we made trips to Columbus & Dayton, OH; Indianapolis, IN; Louisville, KY; Bristol TN and numerous local places.  My wife and daughter even drove one up in Grand Rapids, MI while there for a hockey tournament.  We really wanted that one but missed it by a few bucks to another person.  

Finally, about two weeks ago, I find one up in Brunswick, OH, just south of Cleveland.  "This better be the one because I am sick of wasting my time and going on all these wild goose chases!"  Well, we get up there and the thing is as clean in person as it is on the dealer's web site.  Shiny, not a hint of rust or even a paint bubble.  Hmm, good first sign.  We take it for a spin and it drives nice.  Very clean inside and out.  It was the nicest one by far that I have looked at.  My wife and daughter still liked the Grand Rapids one a little bit better but this one was right up there with it.  It was a little cleaner even than the GR one so all is good.  OK, let's go for it - and not lose out on another one.

Time to talk price.  Well, doesn't that just figure.  Others are lining up to look at it as well and the dealer had to replace a $700 part that he was expecting to to be $200.  No budging on price.   :mad: (n)  Even though it's over our initial budget, it is NICE.  We already lost out to one by being penny wise and pound foolish.   :beating:  What the heck, let's do it.

Which brings us to here and now.  After six months of non-stop  :E: :E: :E: :E: we finally picked up the Bumblebee yesterday and brought it home.   :love: :B:  We are out of money so there are no mods in the foreseeable future other than full time Ambers.  Time to pack it up for a camping trip to Acadia National Park in a few weeks and put her to work.   >:D

For your viewing pleasure...
very sweet looking avalanche I have one just like it if going to gtg in Indiana look for a BLACK @ YELLOW avalanche all decked out its me from new York I have a couple things you might be interested in free to a fellow yellow avalanche owner smoked tail lights not led a yellow brake light cover will match perfect and will look around to see what else I have will be there Saturday coming from indianapolis around 11 00 see you there  YELLOW BILL

yellowbill03 said:
very sweet looking avalanche I have one just like it if going to gtg in Indiana look for a BLACK @ YELLOW avalanche all decked out its me from new York I have a couple things you might be interested in free to a fellow yellow avalanche owner smoked tail lights not led a yellow brake light cover will match perfect and will look around to see what else I have will be there Saturday coming from indianapolis around 11 00 see you there   YELLOW BILL
Cool!  (y) :wave:  My younger daughter and I are going.  We'll be going down from Cincinnati some time Friday.  I've just been told I need to take off a couple of days earlier in for college visits for my older daughter so I may have to head down after work.  I don't know if I'll be able to swing three days off that week.  Regardless, we'll be there minus the roof top carrier.  Can't wait to see a decked out yellow Avy.

Back