• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need help with tow mirror wiring! please help!!!

zr2freak316

Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for a 2002 1500 AVY on the mirror plug and I also need to know the two plug wiring diagram for the tow mirrors. I bought aftermarket mirrors from EBAY and need to get them I on my truck tomorrow. I've tried searching and cant find anything. ANY help will be greatly appreciated! I tried to figure out what everything was but some wires on the truck side have power and ground going to them.

I need to know what color each of the following is and how its wired and I can figure out the rest.

courtesy light
left tilt
right tilt
up tilt
down tilt
heat
ground

I also need to know what the color is for each wire is on the Tow mirror side also.

Left tilt
right tilt
up tilt
down tilt
turn signal
heat
ground

Again, ANY help will be appreciated whether it's a diagram, tips on how to run wires, or just tell me what wires do what or anything related!

Thanks all!

It would have been nice to know what original mirror you have.

Attachments

• mirror.png
    mirror.png
    43 KB · Views: 213
  • mirror1.png
    mirror1.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 205
  • mirror2.png
    mirror2.png
    37 KB · Views: 194
  • mirror3.png
    mirror3.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 205
Are you sure your new mirrors are designed for a 2002 Avalanche?

I installed mine new towing mirrors last saturday and that was just plug and play! Took me only a few minutes.

Attachments

• K800_2014-06-14 09.19.41.JPG
    K800_2014-06-14 09.19.41.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 126
  • K800_2014-06-14 09.42.32.JPG
    K800_2014-06-14 09.42.32.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 124
Same here, when I installed my tow mirrors 2 years ago, they were just plug and play.

I got the new style, so it has blinkers. i kinda wanted them more for more visability to others. my turn signals have saved my dmax so many times.

It wouldnt let me post a picture the other day from my phone of my old mirrors, but they are just normal mirrors with one plug. I have mirrors with two plugs now, just gotta figure out this wiring.

That's what I thought you were trying to do. 02 very different than 03s up.

Let us know if you need any more info but I don't think this is going to work. You may be able to get them to fit.

I also did just notice, the pictures above with the original mirror, are the ones I have. I guess I need to know what diagram I need for my truck.

Still need to know which original mirrors you have Power Folding?, Memory?

Ah no, some came with them. Check back Tuesday evening

Snap I'll take a look now.

02s back in a moment with 03

Attachments

• 02mirror1.png
    02mirror1.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 02mirror.PNG
    02mirror.PNG
    37 KB · Views: 117

Attachments

• 03mirror1.PNG
    03mirror1.PNG
    38.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 03mirror.PNG
    03mirror.PNG
    42.5 KB · Views: 104
It's the right diagram 02s and 03-06 are very different 02 use a actual switch 03-06 Uses what we call a DDM(driver door module)

Here is a description of the 2 system.

Outside Mirror Description and Operation

Power Mirror System without Memory

Power Mirror System Components
The power mirror system consists of the following components:
    ? Power mirror switch
    ? Selector switch
    ? Left outside power mirror
    ? Right outside power mirror
    ? MIR/LOCK 3A fuse
Each of the outside power mirrors contains 2 reversible motors. The vertical motor operates the up and down directions and the horizontal motor operates the left and right directions. Each of the power mirror motors are circuit breaker protected.
Power Mirror System Controls
The power mirror switch incorporates a mirror select switch and a 4 position mirror direction switch. The mirror select switch allows the operator to select the mirror to be moved by rotating counterclockwise to the L position (left outside power mirror) or rotating clockwise to the R position (right outside power mirror). The mirror direction switch is a 4 position switch that allows the operator to move the selected mirror up, down, left or right.
Power Mirror System Operation
The power mirror switch receives power through the battery supply voltage circuit and the MIR/LOCK fuse. The power mirror switch also receives a constant ground. The 4 positions of the direction switch have dual switch contacts. Each of the contacts are connected to opposing sides of the appropriate power mirror motors through the selector switch. The selector switch interrupts or completes these circuits depending on the position of the selector switch (L or R). If the selector switch is placed in the L position and the up switch is depressed, battery voltage will be supplied to the left outside power mirror vertical motor through the left mirror motor up direction circuit and return to the power mirror switch through the mirror motor common circuit then to ground and the mirror will move up. If the down switch is depressed, the common circuit supplies battery voltage and the left mirror motor up direction circuit completes the path to the power mirror switch then to ground and the mirror will move down. The remainder of the mirror functions operate in the same manner as described above. The thing to remember is, that by placing the power mirror switch in opposing positions (left/right or up/down) will reverse the polarity of the mirror motor, utilizing the same circuits and the power mirror will move accordingly.
Manual |

Outside Mirror Description and Operation (Power Mirrors)

Power Mirror System Components
The power mirror system consists of the following components:
    ? The driver door module--Class 2 module with integrated switches and requires programming when replaced
    ? The passenger door module--Class 2 module with integrated switches, requires programming when replaced and also contains the RFA receiver
    ? The power mirror direction switch--Integrated into DDM and is a 4-position momentary switch that provides a signal input to the DDM for up, down, left/extend and right/retract with a mirror switch activation
    ? The mirror select switch--Integrated into DDM and is a 3-position switch that allows the operator to select the left or right mirror and also a neutral/fold position
    ? The left outside power mirror--Contains both the vertical and horizontal mirror motors and is serviced as a complete mirror assembly
    ? The right outside power mirror--Contains both the vertical and horizontal mirror motors and is serviced as a complete mirror assembly
    ? The body control module--Class 2 module that requires programming when replaced, serves as the power mode master and is the main message handler
    ? The DDM 10A fuse--Located in the I/P fuse block and is hot at all times
    ? The PDM 10A fuse--Located in the I/P fuse block and is hot at all times
    ? The memory switch, if equipped with memory mirrors--Supplied power by the DDM and provides a voltage signal to the DDM upon a switch activation
    ? The horizontal and vertical position sensors, if equipped with memory mirrors--Supplied a 5-volt and low reference by the DDM/PDM and provide a variable voltage signal to the DDM/PDM that is proportional to mirror position
    ? The park neutral position switch, if equipped with memory mirrors--Provides transmission gear selection information to the PCM and is used for memory recall and mirror tilt in reverse functions
    ? The powertrain control module, if equipped with memory mirrors--Class 2 module that requires programming when replaced and provides Class 2 message indicating transmission gear selection
    ? The driver information center (DIC), if equipped with memory mirrors--Part of the instrument cluster which is a Class 2 module that requires programming when replaced and is used to personalize the memory recall and mirror tilt in reverse functions
    ? Fold motor in each of the outside mirrors, if equipped with power fold mirrors--Provides extend and retract movements of the mirror and is serviced as a complete mirror assembly
Each of the outside power mirrors contains 2 reversible motors to provide horizontal and vertical movement of the mirror glass. The vertical motor operates the up and down directions and the horizontal motor operates the left and right directions. If equipped with power folding mirrors, each outside power mirror will contain a reversible fold motor to operate the extend and retract functions. Each of the mirror motors are circuit breaker protected.

I too got the eBay ones..was gonna do it Today coz I that it was plug and play type of thing..well it's not ,I need to take the door panel off..I'm just gonna do it some other day..it's 93* here in nj

So could someone just spell this out for me? I WILL do a write up for it when I actually get this thing done. What wire goes to what wire I guess is what I'm looking for. I really suck at wiring. ???

If I read the diagrams correctly... The harness on your 02 does not carry a turn indicator signal. And the 02 harness has 1 plug with 8 pins.

If I understand you correctly, the tow mirror you want to put on has two plugs... How many pins on each plug?

Threadsurrection.

I've been searching and digging and lurking on this for a week and this thread has the best information I've found.

The common 03-07 tow mirrors sold have two 10 pin plugs.

I ran two new wires for the turn signal and back up light on the mirrors I purchased. I fiddled most of the day yesterday trying to get the motor to work.

Can the analog switch from the 02 wiring work the motors without some sort of modification?

I'm looking at getting the Trail Ridge tow mirrors from A1auto.  My 2004 has the standard manual folding, no turning indicator, power tilting mirrors.  Is it possible to wire the tow mirrors up so the turning indicators work?

Well anything is possible, but what is a bit easier is to change the the front door modules both driver and passenger with ones for folding mirrors DL3. Used ones will work.

Make sure the mirrors you get are for a 2003 to 2006 GM truck

Back