• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

newbie to nitrous

tlrche67

Have a 07 Avy with 100k miles.
Have headers, cai.
Thinking about a lil nitrous. Question:
- I've read up some. . Any danger on putting on a daily driver?
- looking to do a 75-100 shot.
- wet would be better for my application?
- idiot proof brand to install?

Thanks in advance

I have never owned a vehicle with nitrous so can't speak from experience.(They are illegal in Virginia)

I can only envision that it would stress an engine with that many miles on it and would not be practical for a daily driver in stop and go traffic.

I would look at a supercharger for more usable torque and HP without overstressing the engine.
Something like this kit :
http://www.magnacharger.com/p-73-suburban-avalanche-tahoe-yukon-48l-53l-2007-2010-magnuson-supercharger.aspx

Someone on here has done a really nice nitrous setup with all the timers and triggers and such.  I forget who it is off hand though.  As far as being a daily driver, it's not something one runs around with it turned on and spraying constantly.  Nitrous will give you a sudden 15 second or so boost of power.  If done correctly, there's no harming the engine.  You will likely have to prep the engine to better manage and utilize the nitrous.  I don't know what all is involved, but like I said, there is at least one guy on here that has done this.  Hopefully he will chime in before you blow your engine.  :beating:

I used to spray 100 shot when I had a stock 6.0 it was a wet kit. You'll need to run colder plugs NGK tr55 are the plugs I had.

Back