• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Anyone here use a Blue Sea fuse block?

J_One17

I am in the process of redoing my wires for my off road lights and compressor on my 02 Avalanche. I got myself a blue see 5025 and trying to figure out a good place to mount it. Any suggestions? Pics would help.

I don't have one quite that big, but on the side of the fuse box worked for me.

I don't have the Blue Sea 5025, but I do have 2 - 6 circuit marine fuse blocks mounted up under the dash in the upper left corner. One is hot full time and the other is switched with a relay via the ignition/RPA. They are both powered directly from the battery

Sorry don't have a pic.. I will try to get one..

Yeah that's a real bad idea if it's not water proof. I have a painless on the side of the fusebox it's sealed. I would have thought if it was going on a boat it would be sealed

Randy i was looking for a spot inside to do a install inside.If you can get a pic that would be great. i was looking to maybe put it under the cup holder but the dash would be better for what i'm trying to do. Its a shorter run of wires for me to run to the over head console for my rocker switch's.

MSO3 2500 I said the same thing. But for the price i got it for i figured i would figure it out.

It really depends on how many amps you are going to put thru it.

But I use 0/2 and put a fuse in that wire.

Going off the spces on the lights i got:

7 amps in my 20in led bar

1.7 amps per LED pod which i have 2 running in parallel

19.6 amps for the 50in bar

20 amps on the compressor

I don't plan on running all 4 at once but There may be a time when i will be running all 3 lights at the same time but not for a long periods of time.

You can get away with 4 gauge then.

Back