• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

CARS & COFFEE, FOLSOM, CA

dlasic

Just wanted to post for information regarding a newer start-up of the Cars & Coffee meet in Folsom, Ca (20 miles east of Sacramento).

7AM-9AM every Saturday morning on Old Placerville Rd., next to the Hampton Inns & Suites Hotel.  I50 Freeway and the Scott/Bidwell Rd exit.

Free admission, free parking with a Starbucks on-site and an In & Out Burger across the way.

Many fine cars there.  Open to any make and Year vehicle.  Today there were Corvettes, Ferraris, Maserati. Mercedes, Camaros, pickups, Jeeps, street rods, '50 Ford woody, '65 real Shelby GT350, '65 GTO with the ORIGINAL owner, many more to enjoy.

Get your Avalanche or other car out there to enjoy!!

Hello All....

I'll start watching this thread more often. I had no idea that AV owners near Sacramento still had meetings :)
Durwin

Durwin said:
Hello All....

I'll start watching this thread more often. I had no idea that AV owners near Sacramento still had meetings :)
Durwin
me either!  :needhug:

:B: anyone seen Abuelito lately? Last I heard, a rattlesnake crawled up under his dash! :abuelito:

:wave:

I'm still planning on being out there in July.  ???

I think I can talk Cat Dancer to come.

Hey Byron, hope all is well with you!

where are you going to be, in Nor Cal, or So Cal?

Hey Guys,

I was fishing with MS03 2500 regarding his planned itinerary a few months ago.

I'll be in and out of Sacramento this summer, July, August, and September, but mostly through the airport. Changing planes on 7/10 & 12, 8/13 & 20, and then 6 more times in September.

Not likely I'll be at this GTG. It would be great to see the familiar faces again after a lot of years.

I'll be following this thread incase my plans change.

Southern Cali(Ventura) for a week with family then I'm thinking of heading north.

Mark good to hear from you again its been a long time.

hmmm, well, the airport is only about a half hour away

lets run this up the flag pole, and see if something works out...

If you happen to be flying in to terminal A, the news just ran a story that some local restaurants are opening up there (est completion, late July/early August) One of those local restaurants has been featured on that Diners and Dives show, it's called  The Squeeze Inn , so maybe we could clog some arteries during your stop over... Byron, what's your time frame look like?
Ro is still kickin around on facebook, he's pretty busy with his kids nowdays, but I can let him know to 

I'll know better in a couple of weeks and will post up. Pretty much it's wide open, retirement is a wonderful thing you don't have to be anywhere at any time so the schedule is wide open. Only restriction is I have to be back to get to the nationals.

One more question what is the best way to get from LA area to the SanFran area, I really would like to do the Highway 1. ???

MS03 2500 said:
One more question what is the best way to get from LA area to the SanFran area, I really would like to do the Highway 1. ???

Done it many times. Take 101 north to Santa Barbara, stop and see Mission Santa Barbara. Then take CA 154 to CA 246 to Solvang. Then take 101 to San Luis Obispo (fuel up here, not much gas along PCH) and then CA 1/Pacific Coast Highway from San Luis Obispo north to Monterey. Stop at Hearst Castle and also in downtown Carmel. From there either take 101 north to San Jose or continue on CA 1 to Santa Cruz and CA 17 to San Jose (longer but more scenic than 101). Have fun drive safe post photos.

there ya go ^ 
I've always taken the 5, but I know the 101 is awesome. Here's pics from the 17 mile drive thing by Monterey

Thanks I think it's going to take 3 days to travel 450 miles. But you only live once so enjoy it.

Let me know when you'll be up and I will see if I can get by there, my mother in-law lives in Roseville so we are up there often...

I should have my plans confirmed this weekend, but I do not know the area so if anyone has a idea where to meet up. I won't have my AV but what I will have is close a RV

Attachments

• cally1.PNG
    cally1.PNG
    88.8 KB · Views: 59
The California coast, there's a lot a good stops along that route for site seeing, beaches and golf. Oh and me..

LOL that's why I plan on taking 3 days to get up to the San Fran area. >:D

Yea, Hearst Castle in San Simeon is a good one, golf at Pebble Beach  Monterey/Carmel If you can Spare $500, unlikely to get a tee time there though, but Spyglass is right there and actually a prettier course, Spanish Bay, Poppy Hills are gorgeous also they are around $200 some times more/less. Poppy Hills is my home course for the club I'm in.

Another course that is on the coast in between Carmel and Monterey is Pacific Grove Golf Links. $20-$70 depending on time of day. The inland 9 holes are so so, but the 9 holes along the coast are beautiful, you could throw a rock into the water from half a dozen holes...

Monterey Bay Aquarium is a must see if you have time, it's also in Pacific Grove lots a good food around there also... Lot of courses around me so if your planning on playing let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

I really don't do tourist stuff, but Pebble Beach will be the BOMB. I think I'll ask them if I could take some pics late in the evening when most folks are off the course. I have paid a bunch doing charity Golf Outings but they want a year in advanced tee times.

20 years or so when I was in Monterey for work we did the 17 mile drive.  It was approaching twilight when we got to Pebble Beach, no one was around, and we walked onto the 18th green.

You can walk all around close to the 18th green and even back down the 18th fairway. There a wide cart path trail that people stroll down even when people are playing. It's far enough off from the fairway you don't bother the players, most don't get that far off, the good ones anyway...

Well sadly I can't book all what I need in July, no RVs, RV park are full, my cousins are not available until September. So if you guys want to have a GTG I can fly out for a weekend or else it's September for me.  :needhug:

bummer dude, but September is fine with me. Looks like WC said he'll be doing change overs 6 times that month, so it might work out

Back