• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Is the GM Supplier Discount Thread Still Alive?

Scott_in_FL

When I joined this forum in 2006, I remember it being tremendously helpful for buyers looking to get into an Avalanche at the supplier price.  The number of GMS certificates that this forum turned out was incredible.  As a result, and thanks to everyone here, we bought one in '07 and another in '08.

We're now looking to trade up into another full size GM SUV and I posted a request in the sticky thread.  However, after doing so, I realized that many of the requests look old and the thread may no longer be monitored.  If not, is there another thread that is currently "live" or does anyone have any info for a member that I can PM perhaps?  Or, someone can shoot me a PM or an email to sweires@yahoo.com

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.  Thanks again everyone!

I would tell you to PM Flint4x4 but with only 5 post in 7 1/2 years, you don't have that privilege. Keep an eye on the request thread and maybe someone will see it.  (y)

I was still helping one person a month until I dislocated my shoulder in Feb., I believe the program is still active but I can't access it until tomorrow. I either forgot my sign-in info or they locked me out while on sick leave.

Other members may still participate but not enough to get every request so it's hit or miss.

Mention the supplier discount and you can probably get that price without one  :cool:

Thanks Flint4X4.  I'd appreciate it tremendously and, in fact, I think you may have helped me before.  If so, you know that I always offer dinner on me if you're ever in South Florida :)

Scott_in_FL said:
Thanks Flint4X4.  I'd appreciate it tremendously and, in fact, I think you may have helped me before.  If so, you know that I always offer dinner on me if you're ever in South Florida :)

The program does still exist, I just talked to them but I have a few hoops to jump thru to regain access.

Monetary gains for a discount are forbidden but dinner? if you're in southern Michigan I'll throw some T-bone steaks on the grill even if it's -40f  :p

Well, if we have to order a truck (which is looking more and more likely), it may be -40 degrees by the time it is ready  :eek:

Seriously though, we're in no major rush and have accepted the fact that it may be winter 'til we get our next truck.

Thanks for all of your help.

Hi Flint4X4

I believe you might have helped me on a previous occasion. If you are in Long Island count on me for a steak dinner !
I am looking around for a 2015 Tahoe - Would be good to have this certificate I guess. I will try a PM

I don't have access since I went on sick leave in Feb., still too lazy to go to the office and correct that. I work nights and last thing I want to do is go in early.

Well, it finally came to fruition!!!  We decided to order a 2015i Escalade and we just recently picked it up.  Thank you to everyone on this forum for all of their help.  Thanks to Flint 4x4 for reaching out to me and keeping this thread alive, and special thanks to Dan who reached out to me separately with assistance. 

This new GM product is world class by all measures and is truly the best vehicle we have owned to date (and we've owned a bunch). 

We are proud to be driving American again!     

How do you like the 8 speed tranny Scott

Looking at getting another Chevy (finally!!!) and hoping for a supplier discount.  Can anyone help?

Back