• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Christmas on Main Street, Volant PA, Nov 8 2014

Calicak89

SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2016
I know it's a bit early and GBT usually starts this thread every year and sets the itinerary, but I want to gauge interest in this years event since they changed the Avalanche Christmas Dinner to a month earlier than usual, of course they are now on the same day. I am interested in both and naturally am preferential to this gtg since it's a 40 minute as opposed to a 5 hour drive.
See  http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,139257.0.html

For detail from last year.

Interested?

You beat me by about 2 hours.
I was going to start this topic today.

Some info:

FRS radios on channel 8.

Like before, let's meet at The Apple Castle at 10:00 and go from there.

Schedule:

• 10-11 Apple Castle

http://www.applecastle.com/
277 State Route 18, New Wilmington, PA 16142
MAP HERE

• 11-12 Cheese House

The Cheese House
Routes 18 & 208
New Wilmington, PA
724-946-8558
The Cheese House is on the south side of 208 about 1/4 mile east of 18.

The Cheese House does not have a website.
The following is copied from their brochure:
Located in the HEART of Amish country, The Cheese House is a must stop.
The scenic drive alone through the winding Pennsylvania roadways is worth the trip.
At The Cheese House, you will enjoy one of the most unique shopping experiences ever.
With over 60 types of domestic and imported cheeses, specialty foods, Amish jams and jellies,
honey and Pennsylvania pure maple syrup, you'll be sure to find something wonderful!
The Cheese House isn't just cheese.  There's over 13,000 square feet of the most unique gifts under one roof.
One of the largest selections of German made "Black Forest" cuckoo clocks, nutcrackers, and beer steins, and
Amish and Pennsylvania souvenirs.  There's music boxes, candles, copper, pewter, and toys and puzzles, too.
So stop by and visit The Cheese House.  Come in and relax, and don't forget to ask us for a sample of one of our GREAT cheeses.

If you think you might purchase some meats or cheese or other food items, bring along an empty cooler to keep your items cool until you get home.

• Circle Cruise near Westminster College on the way to Volant

• 12:30-3:00 Volant

http://www.volantshops.com/home

Saint Nick arrives in a horse drawn carriage to open the Christmas season in an Old Fashioned way.
Enjoy breakfast with Santa, strolling carolers, musicians, & carriage rides on Main St.
Fresh Amish Donuts, Churned Ice Cream, Breads, Cookies, Pies, Jams & Jellies, and Cheeses
Fresh Produce, heirloom Vegetable plants, and farm fresh blue and green Speckled Eggs.
Local Honey & live beehive demonstration.  Learn how bees help sustain crops.
Amish Textiles and local Artisans crafting their wares
2-6 pm Reunion will perform holiday songs adding to the festivities.

• Cruise to dinner 3:00-4:00
Toots and I discovered a nice scenic drive with a potential stop of interest to some.
The drive is about 30 minutes and allows a little time to stop and explore.

• Dinner 4:00
Tavern on the Square

Attended:
Calicak89
GoldBowTie and Toots
james21
4x4dreamer +2
OldVMer and Mrs
RCHeliguy and Sanofhee
N1NCZ and Pat
BnGBleeder and Gwyn
GBT BIL Ken +1
HisTruck? +3
BigBlockBirch and MzBBB
SURPRISE GUESTS dmacker and Deb

You can put me down as a maybe. I had planned to make the trip last year, hopefully this year I can.

You know I am in, whether it is Cruze'n in or coming in the Avy. I'll be there +1, maybe +2

7 weeks out.
Where is everyone at this year. Only 4 of us so far.  (n)
Seriously, you know you all want some donuts.
Has anyone heard form BBB lately?

He's been communicating in the Avalanche Pizza thread in the Ohio section.

Calicak89 said:
7 weeks out.
Where is everyone at this year. Only 4 of us so far.  (n)
Seriously, you know you all want some donuts.
Has anyone heard form BBB lately?

I checked in here the other day to start an attendee list, but didn't bother.
Not much of a list yet.  :sigh:

Can't miss the donuts.  Put us on the (non-existent) list for this one again this year.

--OldVMer

OldVMer said:
Can't miss the donuts.  Put us on the (non-existent) list for this one again this year.

--OldVMer
:woohoo:
List is at bottom of second post.

Last year we did dinner at Hoggy's at Grove City shopping center, sounds good to me. (y)

dman said:
Last year we did dinner at Hoggy's at Grove City shopping center, sounds good to me. (y)

Hoss's was OK, but not great.
I'm OK with going there.

GoldBowTie said:
Hoss's was OK, but not great.
I'm OK with going there.

Ken and his wife  didn't get their food at all last year did they? I thought it was OK as well, but no the best. I asked my cousin that lives right in Volant if there were any buffet style places other than Hoss's that could accommodate us. Ill post up when she gets back with me!

For anyone wanting to cruise together,
GoldBowTie plans to leave Summit Racing about 8:45 and will be getting on I76 east to head to Pennsylvania.
That will allow for a nice leisurely cruise to the Apple Castle and we should be there by 10:00 easily.

FRS radios on channel 8.

Back