• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanche Pizza, Sep 27 2014

Which date(s) do you prefer? Choose up to three.

• Sep 27

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Oct 4

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Oct 11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oct 18

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Oct 25

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldBowTie

Regional Coord.
Charter Member
SM 2003
I called Pastor Jim to make arrangements to once again use the church parking lot and restrooms.

We are welcome to use the parking lot on any of the poll dates.
However, there are some potential concerns this year.

On the 4th, 11th and 18th there will be no one available to give us access to the church to use the restrooms.
You could walk down to the Speedway.
There is a Laundromat across the street which may have a restroom.
WalMart is a couple miles down the road.

Oct 11 is Ohio University Homecoming.
This has not been an issue in the past, but this year no one will be around to keep cars from parking in the lot.

Weather may be getting cold by October 25th.
But we have done this GTG on October 31st before with great weather.
So, let me know your opinions and choices.  :help:

Date has been set - September 27 2014.

I have spoken with Pastor Jim at the First Baptist Church and again we are allowed to use their parking lot from 10:00 until 4:00.
The church will be open for us to use the restrooms.

Meet at the First Baptist Church in Athens at your leisure.
The First Baptist Church is located across the street from Avalanche Pizza.
336 East State Street
Athens, OH 45701
www.fbcathensoh.org/

Please place your pizza order as early as possible once you arrive.
Or maybe call ahead while driving in?
Check out their on-line menu in the link and call 740-594-4664 to order.

www.avalanchepizza.net
329 East State Street
Athens, Ohio 45701
740-594-GONG

Weather forecast:
http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USOH0037

Dress for the weather as we will be outside tailgating at the church.
There is room for canopies, if needed.
You may want to bring drinks (no alcohol please) napkins, plates, chairs.

10 Avs and two convertibles attended:
GoldBowTie and Toots
BigBlockBirch and MzBBB
4x4dreamer +1
OldVMer and Mrs.
Mrs. WVAV and Mr. +3
avyfanohio +3
RCHeliguy
ohiobellboy and twiggy +1
WISE AV and Mrs
frito +1
Didit and Lu and Molly
The Bus Driver

Tpicks55 said:
My open weekends are the 4th and 18th
Those are the original two I asked for because I have a wedding to attend on the 11th.

No restrooms may not be a deal breaker.
We could all stop at WalMart before pizza and then again before heading home.

I voted the 11th because that is the only weekend we have open.  :E:

I would really like to come to this.  Do you think we could push to first weekend in Nov or the last weekend in Sept?

Sept 27 and Oct 4 are the only two open dates for us.

--OldVMer

Oct 4 and 25 are bad for us.

Actually I think the 25th would be the best for us.

I'm going to change my vote if I can...

I'm not going to submit a vote as I don't know what the kids' hockey schedules look like yet.  I don't want to be "That guy" that gives a date and then doesn't show.  We'll try to make it if we can.

Only a couple more days to vote.
I'm hoping someone will break the tie.

edit:
I've read the replies here and the votes don't equal the replies.
Looks like Sep 27 should have one more vote.

I don't know if we're the "tie-breaker" or not, but I just checked with RC, and we're good for the 27th.  It's parents weekend at Catawba (where LittleOne will be), but there's no way we can get to her that weekend. 

So.....we'd love to hang out with friends!  It'll definitely help take her Momma's mind off the fact that she'll be so far away...  :(

Voting ended in a tie, so I decided September 27 for this GTG.
Hope that works for majority.  :cautious:

I assume we're going to start an attending list? Count me in +1 maybe +2  :love: Can't miss pizza with my best of friends!

4x4dreamer said:
I assume we're going to start an attending list? Count me in +1 maybe +2  :love: Can't miss pizza with my best of friends!

Ditto... me and the Mrs.

--OldVMer

Put us down as attending! Didn't realize it had been so long since I had checked this site.  :-[ Looking forward to seeing our friends! :love:

Sorry for being MIA on here, but it is that time of the year, haven't missed an avalanche pizza get together so why start now. Put me down with the misses and the in-laws.

Where exactly is the Avalanche Pizza being held? I understand the date is Sep 27, 2014 Im a new member, would like to participate in some Avalanche events... :help:

AVI LT said:
Where exactly is the Avalanche Pizza being held? I understand the date is Sep 27, 2014 Im a new member, would like to participate in some Avalanche events... :help:

:welcome:

Here's their website complete with the address. Located in Athens, oHIo.
http://avalanchepizza.net/

There's a small church directly across the street that we use for our meeting place.  (y)

The pizza shop itself is carry out only so we order our food and tailgate in the church parking lot. Bring your own drinks (no alcohol please) or you can buy some there with your pizza. I suggest you look the menu over real good as you'll be amazed at all they offer.

AVI LT said:
:welcome:
Sorry, I failed to update the first post once we got the date set.
Check the first post for all the info.

Thank you ohiobellboy for answering the question.  :yourock:  Can I add you to the attending list?

Don't forget to add MzBBB (aka TTT)....

Maybe bringing the Solstice down.    (y)

BigBlockBirch said:
Don't forget to add MzBBB (aka TTT)....

Maybe bringing the Solstice down.    (y)
I caught some grief for thinking of bringing the bike one year as it's an Avy meet. :rolleyes:  Need to borrow one of mine? >:D

ohiobellboy said:
I caught some grief for thinking of bringing the bike one year as it's an Avy meet. :rolleyes:  Need to borrow one of mine? >:D

We may be Cruze'n this year depending on what the Dealer says about the peeling paint and their timeline to fix..  :E: :E: Mom takes it this Wednesday to see what the prognosis is.

ohiobellboy said:

I may need to take you up on that  >:D This is why I need my own Avy as well.. I keep talking mom  :laugh:

ohiobellboy said:

Does that mean that the BBB's are not welcome??? 

It is a GM vehicle?

Back