• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Step Bars or No Step Bars?

spetch

My AV is 10 years old, and I leveled it a while back.  It still has the stock chrome step bars with black plastic step covers.  I never step on them, because they're kind of the wrong height, and they're so narrow anyway.  I was thinking about removing them altogether. It might make the truck look little higher.  What do you all think?  Bars or no bars?

Attachments

• Showtruck07.jpg
    Showtruck07.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 213
  • truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 214
I'd like to see the truck with no bars.

Good looking truck, regardless.

(y)

If you have a wife/girlfriend or kids you may want to keep the bars for their use? They also may keep some car doors at a distance in a parking lot? My bars tend to catch some mud and dirt from the road so the paint stays cleaner, you may want mudflaps if you remove them?
I think it would make your truck look a little taller but depending on angle may show  some bare frame underneath and that might need some undercoating or paint to look as nice as the shiny rims and paint on your AV.....just my .02 though.

I had the step bars on mine when I purchased it.  they lasted several years before the brackets rusted out.  The tubes are still in great condition but no brackets.  hen I took them off it made the truck look so much taller and almost like a different truck.

1st thing i did when I bought my AV. However if you're not looking to wheel it then leave it on. For me, step bars just seem to get in the way ;)

That's why I had to get the retractable steps... truck looks clean and the GF is happy when the door is open!  (y)

greatgab said:
That's why I had to get the retractable steps... truck looks clean and the GF is happy when the door is open!  (y)

Now that's a hell of an idea...  Who wants to buy some nerf bars?  They still work.  :)

Back