• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

The metro Atlanta meet up/G2G proposal thread.

Prism

PM 2015
After sending out a few PM's to people about this idea, I received nothing but positive feedback. (y) So here is what I am thinking/proposing:

That here in the metro Atlanta (and surrounding area) starts to have a regular get together/meet up.

Something maybe along the lines of just meeting up for dinner once a month. (I.e. second Thursday of each month). I think that this would give us a great base to share ideas, get to know our AV loving neighbors, and be a place to bring new members.

Now I know all of us have different work schedules (i know me and atleast one other work nights and weekends) , different home situations.  So in order for this to work out your input is needed.

What do you think?

Leave it to the girl to mess things up - I would TOTALLY be on board with Thursday except for this small thing were every other Thursday evening I volunteer with Police Explorer training... and every single Thursday I watch my friend's kid. =\ I'm free most week nights/evenings but rarely on weekends.
...okay, I think I've thrown all my monkey wrenches now.  :oops:
Can anyone work around that ??
:laugh:

I'm kind of in the same boat. I work most weekends as well. I just used Thursday as an example.

I am free almost every afternoon/evening Monday thru Friday.

ronthehandymanga said:
I'm game as I replied to your Pm.    (y)

The rest of us Georgian's don't know what parameters you gave him so you gots to share with us too :p

So, it seems like this area needs someone that can be the head of setting up things. I was, honestly, trying to avoid titles and a hierarchy. However, if there does need to be a point man/coordinator, I think I would have enough time that I could set things up (to a point).

Any and all of your opinions are welcome.

Good to see someone breathing life into my old stomping grounds!!!

Prism said:
How much lead time would you all need before the first date?
I'm retired and fairly flexible but a good week or two would be nice.

That way I'd have time to arrange my sleeping calendar. Bwa, ha, ha, ha.

DixieDarling said:
The rest of us Georgian's don't know what parameters you gave him so you gots to share with us too :p
Just telling Him the area needs a CC is all I said to Him and that I'm not the one to do it at this time.    (y)

Proposal: (Based on what I know of schedules, everyone's location, reviews, personal experience, price, and parking)

Wednesday, September 3rd at one of the following places about 6:30pm:

1. OK Cafe (American)
    Hours: 7am - 10pm
    1284 WEST PACES FERRY ROAD
    ATLANTA, GA 30327
    http://www.okcafe.com

2. Big Easy Grille (Cajun/Sea Food)
    Hours: 11am -10pm
    1193 Collier Rd NW
    Atlanta, GA 30318
    http://www.bigeasygrille.com/

3. Fox Brothers BBQ (BBQ)
    1238 DEKALB AVE NE
    ATLANTA, GA. 30307
    http://www.foxbrosbbq.com/

If you think you have a better place, have a schedule conflict, or other concerns let me know.

I figure from the first meet up, we can all meet each other and work out when the best day/time would be for a once a month get together, and of coarse check out each others AV's.

Prism said:
Proposal: (Based on what I know of schedules, everyone's location, reviews, personal experience, price, and parking)

Wednesday, September 3rd at one of the following places about 6:30pm:

1. OK Cafe (American)
     Hours: 7am - 10pm
     1284 WEST PACES FERRY ROAD
     ATLANTA, GA 30327
     http://www.okcafe.com

2. Big Easy Grille (Cajun/Sea Food)
     1193 Collier Rd NW
     Atlanta, GA 30318
     http://www.bigeasygrille.com/

3. Fox Brothers BBQ (BBQ)
     1238 DEKALB AVE NE
     ATLANTA, GA. 30307
     http://www.foxbrosbbq.com/

If you think you have a better place, have a schedule conflict, or other concerns let me know.

I figure from the first meet up, we can all meet each other and work out when the best day/time would be for a once a month get together, and of coarse check out each others AV's.
Fox Bros. parking is bad
OK Cafe is easy to reach from I-75
Big Easy near Piedmont Hosp couod be traffic problem

I'm for OK Cafe but want to hear from others.

bdatlanta said:
Fox Bros. parking is bad
OK Cafe is easy to reach from I-75
Big Easy near Piedmont Hosp couod be traffic problem

I'm for OK Cafe but want to hear from others.

I agree. But some of the others I had in mind was The Crawfish shack on Buford Hwy. Plenty of parking but closes at 8pm. (i love the place and it is that season).
Another was Muss & Turner in Smyrna.  Parking and freeway access shouldn't be any issue but I didn't know people's budget and I'm not going to ask.
Then there is always Atlantic Station.

As I have said before I am open to any suggestions of other maybe more convenient places.

Prism said:
I agree. But some of the others I had in mind was The Crawfish shack on Buford Hwy. Plenty of parking but closes at 8pm. (i love the place and it is that season).
Another was Muss & Turner in Smyrna.  Parking and freeway access shouldn't be any issue but I didn't know people's budget and I'm not going to ask.
Then there is always Atlantic Station.

As I have said before I am open to any suggestions of other maybe more convenient places.
Crawfish Shack is a good one, Smyrna site would cause me to break out in hives having to use I285 in the rush hour.  :D

Prism said:
Personally my vote would be for the crawfish shack with ok cafe being the second option.
Me too. Then we could get an idea of where others are located. I'm all for Crawfish being our first get together.  (y)

Brazilian BBQ on Buford Hwy is a good place to eat.  (y)

This is the one we went too.  http://redandgreensteakhouse.com/

Edit, after reading some of the reveiws, That's what we experienced, so Fogo on Piedmont might be better 

Let's hope Medico and DixieDarling chime in soon and see what they have to say. The red & green steakhouse was the one that came up on Yelp when I looked for brazilian bar-b-q so I figured that was the one.

I have no idea what you guys are even talking about, I've never heard of ANY of these places.  :laugh:

But food is food. (my inner self is easily 500 lbs) I'm sure I can find at least ONE thing on the menu where ever yall pick. And if not, I'm sure every place has a kid's chicken fingers. HAH !  :rolleyes:

So far im guessing no one has a schedule conflict so far?   (y)

DixieDarling said:
I have no idea what you guys are even talking about, I've never heard of ANY of these places.  :laugh:

But food is food. (my inner self is easily 500 lbs) I'm sure I can find at least ONE thing on the menu where ever yall pick. And if not, I'm sure every place has a kid's chicken fingers. HAH !  :rolleyes:

Chance for you then to try something new then. There are so many great restaurants around town.

Prism said:
Chance for you then to try something new then. There are so many great restaurants around town.

I love trying new weirdo things !! I think my favorite Out of the Box meal I tried was Swordfish Steak in Jacksonville FL. It was sooooooo yummy !!

bdatlanta said:
and it looks like DixieD will need a kiddie meal from  MickyD's, bwa, ha, ha, ha, ha

I didn't mean it like that. I'm sure I can fan something that sounds fun ! I just meant if, on the off chance, not one single thing sounds delicious that chicken fingers is always a good fall back !

Back