Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alberta Avalanche Meet 'n Greet  (Read 46586 times)

Boar-Ral

• Charter Member
  • The Avalanche will return!
    • boarral.com
Alberta Avalanche Meet 'n Greet
« on: 09/24/14 07:44 AM »

It has been many months since any Alberta events. I was wondering if anyone might be interested in a simple meet 'n greet, maybe pizza somewhere? We could pick a central location like Red Deer, or alternate between Edmonton and Calgary? Wouldn't mind getting into some regular gatherings to shoot the breeze, just like the good ol' days. There are at least a couple Edmontonians I know that would likely be able to attend.

Just let me know, let's see what we can organize.

DouglasOak

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • 2008 Summit White LTZ Windsor, Ontario
    • Ava Lanche (Lonshay)
Re: Alberta Avalanche Meet 'n Greet
« Reply #1 on: 09/24/14 08:00 AM »

It's great to see some action in this area. I see quite a few members are from this area.

I highly recommend attending a GTG, I personally have attended at least a couple dozen, and have travelled anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days to get to them.

My wife (DirtyGirlAva) and I always have a great time. It's so nice to meet like minded people that share a common love for the Avy.
Guaranteed you will have a good time, and make lifelong friendships from simply taking a few hours to go to a local GTG!!

Boar-Ral

• Charter Member
    • boarral.com
« Reply #2 on: 09/24/14 08:37 AM »

When I first purchased my Avalanche in 2002, I organized monthly and sometimes bi-weekly GTGs that saw good attendance. Closer to the late 2000s though, this interest started to wane. I'm hoping that we can re-ignite something here. I'm still an avid supporter of CAFCNA and the Avalanche itself and would love to see more activity throughout this region. Alaska has been doing particularly well, as well as Eastern Canada. I'm hoping to see things take off in Western Canada but it will require the interest and attendance of the owners in this region.

I'm leaning towards the next GTG being in Red Deer, making it a short drive for Edmonton or Calgary, but quite doable. Tentatively, I'd like to aim for early November at a restaurant called The Rock. Hoping to see some interest here!

Chrome AV

• Give Me Your AVALANCHE Keys Now!! Keep The Wallet.
    • Chrome Avalanche
« Reply #3 on: 10/03/14 08:05 AM »

When I first purchased my Avalanche in 2002, I organized monthly and sometimes bi-weekly GTGs that saw good attendance. Closer to the late 2000s though, this interest started to wane. I'm hoping that we can re-ignite something here. I'm still an avid supporter of CAFCNA and the Avalanche itself and would love to see more activity throughout this region. Alaska has been doing particularly well, as well as Eastern Canada. I'm hoping to see things take off in Western Canada but it will require the interest and attendance of the owners in this region.

I'm leaning towards the next GTG being in Red Deer, making it a short drive for Edmonton or Calgary, but quite doable. Tentatively, I'd like to aim for early November at a restaurant called The Rock. Hoping to see some interest here!

The Rock has THE BEST pizza in town. The only one close to it is Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria  :thumbsup:

Boar-Ral

• Charter Member
    • boarral.com
« Reply #4 on: 12/14/14 10:29 PM »

Never really heard much feedback on this... Didn't want to commit much more to a date without more interest. The next few weeks might make it difficult to plan too, given the season.

05snopro440

« Reply #5 on: 01/15/15 09:41 AM »

Is there any more on this? I would like to attend with my newly acquired 08  :) I'm in Sherwood Park, Red Deer would be good.
Current: 2008 Avalanche LTZ. Gold Mist Metallic with Cashmere leather. Sunroof, nav, backup camera, HD tow package. WeatherTech floor mats and molded mud flaps, Range Technology AFM Disabler.

Former: 2004 Avalanche Z71 WBH. White w/ charcoal leather, fully loaded including DVD and sunroof. White power bar, 17x8.5" Weld Evo Velocity 6 wheels.

JimmiJo

• JimmiJo
« Reply #6 on: 05/15/15 08:53 PM »

My wife and I would be interested in a get together like this.
JIMMIJO

cnorgren

« Reply #7 on: 07/08/15 07:49 PM »

I think a get together would be awesome! I seen lots of people driving around Edmonton in really nice Av's...if only we could inform them of CAFCNA and grow numbers...since the Avalanche is no longer a production vehicle haha
2013 Black Diamond LTZ!

Monkeyman

« Reply #8 on: 07/11/15 07:34 PM »

Im in. Lets do it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 23 queries.