• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Alberta Avalanche Meet 'n Greet

Boar-Ral

Charter Member
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
It has been many months since any Alberta events. I was wondering if anyone might be interested in a simple meet 'n greet, maybe pizza somewhere? We could pick a central location like Red Deer, or alternate between Edmonton and Calgary? Wouldn't mind getting into some regular gatherings to shoot the breeze, just like the good ol' days. There are at least a couple Edmontonians I know that would likely be able to attend.

Just let me know, let's see what we can organize.

It's great to see some action in this area. I see quite a few members are from this area.

I highly recommend attending a GTG, I personally have attended at least a couple dozen, and have travelled anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days to get to them.

My wife (DirtyGirlAva) and I always have a great time. It's so nice to meet like minded people that share a common love for the Avy.
Guaranteed you will have a good time, and make lifelong friendships from simply taking a few hours to go to a local GTG!!

When I first purchased my Avalanche in 2002, I organized monthly and sometimes bi-weekly GTGs that saw good attendance. Closer to the late 2000s though, this interest started to wane. I'm hoping that we can re-ignite something here. I'm still an avid supporter of CAFCNA and the Avalanche itself and would love to see more activity throughout this region. Alaska has been doing particularly well, as well as Eastern Canada. I'm hoping to see things take off in Western Canada but it will require the interest and attendance of the owners in this region.

I'm leaning towards the next GTG being in Red Deer, making it a short drive for Edmonton or Calgary, but quite doable. Tentatively, I'd like to aim for early November at a restaurant called The Rock. Hoping to see some interest here!

Boar-Ral said:
When I first purchased my Avalanche in 2002, I organized monthly and sometimes bi-weekly GTGs that saw good attendance. Closer to the late 2000s though, this interest started to wane. I'm hoping that we can re-ignite something here. I'm still an avid supporter of CAFCNA and the Avalanche itself and would love to see more activity throughout this region. Alaska has been doing particularly well, as well as Eastern Canada. I'm hoping to see things take off in Western Canada but it will require the interest and attendance of the owners in this region.

I'm leaning towards the next GTG being in Red Deer, making it a short drive for Edmonton or Calgary, but quite doable. Tentatively, I'd like to aim for early November at a restaurant called The Rock. Hoping to see some interest here!

The Rock has THE BEST pizza in town. The only one close to it is Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria  (y)

Never really heard much feedback on this... Didn't want to commit much more to a date without more interest. The next few weeks might make it difficult to plan too, given the season.

I think a get together would be awesome! I seen lots of people driving around Edmonton in really nice Av's...if only we could inform them of CAFCNA and grow numbers...since the Avalanche is no longer a production vehicle haha

Back