• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Interior swap idea

zosicks

Okay, this may sound goofy, but I  bought my av with gray interior,  and the original owner wasn't easy on the interior.  There are stains on the carpet, floor mats are shot,  drivers seat is rough. I wanted black interior to begin with, but at the time couldn't pass up the deal I got. 
Anyways,  I would like to find a wrecked avalanche at a junk yard with black interior and swap my gray out with the black.  Does anyone know of a junkyard in the MD,  WV, VA, PA area that would have, or gets avalanches in?  I really do not even know where to start with this project lol, so if someone can point me in the right direction..

Thanks,

Sean

most all full sized 4 door Chevy trucks share the same interior. front and back. with some exceptions, mostly the headliner and aroun the mid-gate.  I have most of a Silverado interior in my Avalanche. big thing is the back seat doesn't have the hard back. I dyed the Silverado's carpet and trimmed the end at the midgate to fit.

the dash and front seats and front door panels interchange with the shorter wheel base Tahoe's- Yukon's

I don't know what year you have but mixing up parts is fun.....

A good day at any modern salvage yard you could blow most your $$$

look here to start..  http://www.car-part.com/

then you can look for auction cars, buy a wreck and sell the unwanted parts to mod for free.... I try this all the time >:D

If you have the funds you could also consider custom interior from a place like Katzkin and use existing seat frames.
http://katzkin.com/

Ok thanks I will look there.  Whatever I do, I would like to do in one shot. Get it done in aa a day or two

I briefly thought about custom,  I have custom leather interior in my corvette, but I don't want to spend that kind of money, it doesn't take long to drop 10 grand on interior

Back