• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Door speakers not working...

RyanSapp

Bought a 2007 LT yesterday that, come to find out, only has the pillar speakers and the right rear speaker working, leaving me without any sound from the front two door speakers and the left rear speaker. The guy had told me that the truck originally had cloth interior that he had replaced with leather, not sure that has anything to do with why those speakers would not be working, but I wanted to disclose. Any thoughts, ideas, or help would be greatly be appreciated on where I should start looking. Thanks!

I'm guessing the PO(previous owner) had a aftermarket system in and took it out when he sold the AV. The front door speaker and the pillar speaker are on the same wire.

Well, see heres the deal...Why would the previous owner take out all but one speaker and also not replace the aftermarket speakers with his stock ones in hopes to save face for a sale. Nonetheless after continually researching more and more I find a tid-bit of information that leads me to believe this is my issue because I also have all these symptoms of no door warning chimes, turn signal sounds, etc. BUT I also DON'T have a Bose truck, meaning I wouldn't have an amp correct?...........:

Document ID# 1962625

Subject:No Audio/No Sound Heard from Radio Speakers, Turn Signals, Hazard Signals and No Warning Chimes When a Door or Liftgate is Opened (Inspect/Seat C2 Audio Amplifier Connector) #07-08-44-008 - (04/18/2007)
Models: 2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2007 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL

with Speakers, Premium Audio w/Amplifier or Rear Stereo Audio (RPOs UQA, UQS or UK6)

Condition
Some customers may comment on one or all of the following conditions related to no audio/no sound:

? No sound from one or more of the radio speakers.
? No blinking sound heard form the turn signals or hazard signals when on.
? No audio warning chimes heard when a door or liftgate is opened.

Cause
The C2 Audio Amplifier Connector may become unseated at the amplifier.

Correction
Inspect/Seat the C2 Audio Amplifier Connector (16-way, Black Connector).

Remove the radio, amplifier, and SIR fuses located in the Underhood Bussed Electrical Center (BEC).
Gain access to the radio speaker amplifier. Refer to Radio Speaker Amplifier Replacement in SI.
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Visually inspect and pull on the C2 Audio Amplifier Connector (1).
If the connector is properly seated, then refer to SI for further diagnosis based on the customers condition.
If the connector is loose, then reinstall the C2 Audio Amplifier Connector.Important: Verify the connector is seated and locked into place.
Install the fuses.
Verify the condition has been fixed and clear any DTCs.
If securing the connector does not correct the condition, refer to SI for further diagnosis and repair.
Install the radio speaker amplifier assembly and any other components removed to gain access to the amplifier. Refer to Radio Speaker Amplifier Replacement in SI.

Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation

Description

Labor Time

R9734*

Connector, C2 Audio Amplifier - Inspect/Seat

0.7 hr

I swapped all my door speakers myself. Was super easy. Swapped to a set of Alpines which were actually 6.5" speakers when I should have put some 6.75" speakers in. Either way, it was a simple swap and I used the factory wiring. All you have to do is remove the door panel and you have access to them. Then I just cut the wires and put on a connector to connect to the speakers. Then I used some self tapping screws and mounted them. Reinstall door panel and bam new speakers

RyanSapp Did you resolve this issue? If so how, I am having the same issue and do not know where to start. Thanks, John '07 LT

This sounds like my '07. Where is the radio speaker amplifier located? Sorry for any ignorance but I don't want to cause more problems than I need to while I explore my truck. Thanks in advance, John

Number 6

Attachments

• 07amp.png
    07amp.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 74
Don't assume you don't have an amplifier if you have a console. In the 2003-2006 if you have the bose system you have an amplifier but not sure with the newer trucks. I am guessing if you have a solid console and not just a benchseat with the center that can be turned into a console it is likely you have an amplifier as pictured in previous posting.

It is likely an issue with the amplifier but you should be able to bypass the amplifer to check.. You can see threads elsewhere how to bypass the amplifier. Some have said the sound quality is better without the amplifier which doesn't surprise me. But I suspect it isn't nearly as loud. From what I can see it looks like the factory radio will put out low level sound when connected to a factory amplifier and will put out higher level amplified sound if the amplifer is not connected. I am assuming it communicates with the amplifier over the databus. If you bypass the amplifier and have a factory subwoofer you will lose the subwoofer.

Rodney

I just wanted to update this post. I had the exact same problem in my 07 Avalanche and replacing the door speakers DID correct the issue.

Some have a factory amp behind glove box far right side by the door with two plugs in it they make a kit to bypass this amp. This was the case in my avalanche doesn’t have to be. Bose truck mine wasn’t

My 07 has a small bose amp in the center console. Maybe can help?

Attachments

• 16834251916918509013893785353290.jpg
    16834251916918509013893785353290.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 16834253185377081008236113309644.jpg
    16834253185377081008236113309644.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 8
Back