• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Milemarker guard and winch

csturben

SM 2010
SM 2009
I was lucky enough to find the mount and guard on Milemarker's website in the clearance section. MSRP is $1,143 on clearance for $139. Shipping was another $175 freight as this thing is heavy!

http://shop.milemarker.com/c/clearance-and-closeouts_winch-mount-closeout-with-brush-guards

I also chose their 12,000 electric winch as the mount is also 12,000 pounds. MSRP is $830.00 but I found mine on ebay from Summit Racing for $479.50 plus tax if applicable.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=390942828276

I have to say I am extremely pleased and you can't beat saving a few bucks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 112
I don't know if it would fit. The part number as well as the frame spacing are different. This one uses the inside and bottom tow hook bolt location for part of the mounting. If you are or if you know of a good welder, you can make anything work as it's made out of 3/8 plate steel.

Any chance I could get you to post pictures of where/how it mounts to the towhooks?  I'm wondering if it would work with my front hitch.

Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 89
Did you have to cut into the bumper or does it mate that close to it?  It looks like a really clean fit from that side shot if you didn't cut into it.

No cutting needed. It is a great and close fit. The designers did a great job making this one which is one of the reasons I chose it. The only part of the install that required cutting / removal is the plastic skid plate and the plastic air deflector because the mount is supported my two supports through the center air section on the 2500 bumpers.

Hrmmm, I'd love to buy one at that price, but after looking at your pictures and going out to look at the front mount hitch I believe that they would interfere with each other.  Both use the bottom mount bolt and the hitch uses the outside mount bolt on the tow hook.  Unless there is some flex or tolerance for the bolt hole location for the side tow hook mount it won't work. It would be dropped down lower having to mount under the hitch mount, essentially sandwiching the hitch mounts on the bottom between the frame and the guard.  Thanks for the pictures!

You can't drop the winch mount under the hitch mount because the it would not line up with the bumper and the piece of the bumper in front of the tow hooks would also need to be cut. How much do you tow with your front hitch? The winch mount is very stout and you may be able to have a receiver welded between the plates and under the where the winch mounts?

csturben said:
You can't drop the winch mount under the hitch mount because the it would not line up with the bumper and the piece of the bumper in front of the tow hooks would also need to be cut. How much do you tow with your front hitch? The winch mount is very stout and you may be able to have a receiver welded between the plates and under the where the winch mounts?

At the moment a 3500lb camper and a plow.

I'm not sure if the winch mount would work with the plow. The winch mount sticks out from the front a good ways and may impact the mounting of the plow.

Back