• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Dried up sunroof gasket...

74Rallye

The sunroof leaks in my 02 AV. The gasket looks like it dried out and water seems to be coming in all around.
Has anyone replaced theirs? Are there any improved gaskets?

might want to try cleaning all the gaskets with soap & water, then try using armorall. I use this on all door & trunk seals along with the sunroof seals.

The seal is attached directly to the glass and I can't find a part number on-line for it yet. Someone may have go to the dealer for it..

I do not think they sell the gasket on the window separate from the window, WD40 works good on gaskets as a cleaner.

I was looking at mine this afternoon and it doesn't look like it comes off easily, so I think your right they may not sell it separately. That means if it's worn, torn or damaged you have to buy new glass...

Better start taking better care of that seal...

Yeah it's bonded on. It's not going to come off easily.

OR scrape off old and find replacement and glueback...

That's the problem I don't think there is a replacement.

The next time I'm at the dealer I will check if they can get it, or if someone is going to the dealer some time soon could check..

get replacement from Auto zone bulk or find something on internet that will work.

Back