• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Always see for 03 and up but rarely 02 mods. It sucks. Can anyone help on this

brownprider07

Mod please. I want to change the inside look of my truck and give it a newer look. I'll try and post pictures of what I'm working with and what I want lol I'm thinking painting the speaker grills black will definitely make it look nice and also the cloth on the side like fake leather ? How or where would I get that ? Can't be that hard to swap out can it ? the first picture is the interior that I love. I'm also havig trouble finding headliner

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 221
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 214
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 217
There several things you can do, but you are limited to 1999 -2002 GM large truck parts swap.

Don't know if you like Escalades or Denalis. Speaker Grille are pretty easy to paint, but take the door panel off before you paint it.

like i said i just want to give it that nice modern look, so your saying parts from a 2002 escalade will fit my 2002 av ? escalade is luxury so maybe those parts would be nice. ive noticed while looking up 2002 chevy silverados why is it that they have an option to turn off passenger air bag , how come this isn't an option on 2002 av , just wondering ha  ???

Dash parts , door panels seat yes I don't think escalade console parts would fit unless you replace the entire console.

Do you like after market instrument clusters they make several types of overlays

http://www.newtruckstuff.com/02/products/247/

brownprider07 said:
like i said i just want to give it that nice modern look, so your saying parts from a 2002 escalade will fit my 2002 av ? escalade is luxury so maybe those parts would be nice. ive noticed while looking up 2002 chevy silverados why is it that they have an option to turn off passenger air bag , how come this isn't an option on 2002 av , just wondering ha  ???
The Av has a back seat.
If you have an issue with passenger air bag, you have the option of moving that passenger to back seat.
Many Silverados do not have the back seat alternative.
I think that is why.  :dunno:

GoldBowTie said:
The Av has a back seat.
If you have an issue with passenger air bag, you have the option of moving that passenger to back seat.
Many Silverados do not have the back seat alternative.
I think that is why.  :dunno:

Correct. The passenger airbag must be turned off when using a child restraint in the front seat of a regular cab pickup with no back seat.

Thank you for that ! It always bothered me ha. when I think about it now. It really does make a lot of sense but back to this topic

I want to paint the black plastic. Also the tan colored plastic but that would there is much more of and seems like more work (even though it's worse than the black plastic ) but with the black plastic at least I can take off more easily. I've heard that the plastics are painted or anything. So how can I go on about painting them ? What brand should I use ? Prepping ? One think I'm worried about it since these pieces are use a lot. Thing rubbing against them and etc. I worry that the paint will come right about. What do you think ?

I think this product from Eastwood is what you need to blacken your plastic pieces:

http://www.eastwood.com/ew-plastic-resurfacer-matte-black-aerosol.html

I've also used their plastic dyes for interior pieces on our vette going from tan to black.  Very happy with how they are holding up.

Yes, I believe it would be good on the external pieces although I've never tried it myself.

The black dye on the interior vinyl and plastic I have tried and am very happy with it.  We've put it on the console and dash pieces of our vette's interior and plan on putting some on the door panels too when we get around to it.

You need to buy the surface prep product, which is different depending upon whether or not you are putting it on plastic or vinyl.  We've put the dye on both surfaces and have been quite pleased.  Then you will likely need to put clear coat on top to match the sheen you are looking for.  I believe the dye comes out pretty flat but then you can give it gloss with the clear coat, or was it the other way around???

Back