• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Chevy Silverado High Desert Concept

Great concepts never die.

Chevrolet-Silverado-HighDesert-Concept-3.jpg

ARMYtango said:
Maybe trying to boost Silverado sales to the Avalanche fans as well?

That would be curious. The three-piece bed covers make sense with a midgate, but on a pickup there are better solutions, both rigid and flexible, for covering the bed. Ram has the bed side boxes already, I don't know why GM and Ford don't get on board with that. If this is a styling exercise...well, if I wanted a Ridgeline I would go to a Honda dealer. But I don't. lol

MLM said:
That would be curious. The three-piece bed covers make sense with a midgate, but on a pickup there are better solutions, both rigid and flexible, for covering the bed. Ram has the bed side boxes already, I don't know why GM and Ford don't get on board with that. If this is a styling exercise...well, if I wanted a Ridgeline I would go to a Honda dealer. But I don't. lol
x2 I pretty much have to agree with that.  I don't see the purpose of the drain system and separate panels without a midgate.  A roll away corer or Lund hardtop seems to be the better option for a pickup truck.  The step in the bumper ought to be standard on all the trucks by now.  Either make an Avalanche or go away.

frito said:
x2 I pretty much have to agree with that.  I don't see the purpose of the drain system and separate panels without a midgate.  A roll away corer or Lund hardtop seems to be the better option for a pickup truck.  The step in the bumper ought to be standard on all the trucks by now.  Either make an Avalanche or go away.

Amen

I agree as well...

If they are going to go through all this trouble to add the same details as an Avalanche...then why not just build an Avalanche??

It should be obvious to GM by now that discontinuing the Avalanche did not center well with the loyal GM customers.

MLM said:
Watch this: http://youtu.be/_KlryXQ4LXo?t=41m8s

They are acting like it's an all new concept. :dunno:

Is it me...or does it seem like GM wants to pretend the Avalanche didn't exist??
That video actually made me upset that they wouldn't even mention that it was based off of the Avalanche design. Like the saddle bags that had a drain, and the 3 piece tonneau covers, were a new idea!
(However, I do like the bed divider and small compartment storage that it covered) lol

ARMYtango said:
Is it me...or does it seem like GM wants to pretend the Avalanche didn't exist??
That video actually made me upset that they wouldn't even mention that it was based off of the Avalanche design.  Like the saddle bags that had a drain, and the 3 piece tonneau covers, where a new idea! (However, I do like the bed divider and small compartment storage that it covered) lol

Me too. I don't like it. What are they thinking.

But I do like the remote for unlocking the saddle bags. Also if you look at the first photo in full res it looks like there is a second covered storage pocket just behind the grab handles. Actually that looks more like drainage.

MLM said:
Me too. I don't like it. What are they thinking.

But I do like the remote for unlocking the saddle bags. Also if you look at the first photo in full res it looks like there is a second covered storage pocket just behind the grab handles.

I like that as well.  And I did see that small compartment.  Good place to put the small flashlight if you don't want to go through with the flashlight mod...lol

MLM said:
Watch this: http://youtu.be/_KlryXQ4LXo?t=41m8s

They are acting like it's an all new concept. :dunno:
Jennifer Goforth needs to GO FORTH and get them to make a real Avalanche.  Jeez, copycat your own ingenious past.  How about stating they were the FIRST to come up with many of the ideas in the first place, embrace their heritage of an incredible design and highlight the couple new items like the trunk like storage.  Oh, and as far as wanting to hear what their customers have to say about it - Make an Avalanche, not an Avalanche wannabe. 

frito said:
Jennifer Goforth needs to GO FORTH and get them to make a real Avalanche.  Jeez, copycat your own ingenious past.  How about stating they were the FIRST to come up with many of the ideas in the first place, embrace their heritage of an incredible design and highlight the couple new items like the trunk like storage.  Oh, and as far as wanting to hear what their customers have to say about it - Make an Avalanche, not an Avalanche wannabe. 

Here is a long shot possibility: pretend the Avalanche never existed so when they reintroduce it, everyone can act surprised and say "it's all new!" If you think about it, Chevy doesn't need to sell us on the concept (duh), it needs to sell other people on it too. The people who don't care about heritage.

MLM said:
Here is a long shot possibility: pretend the Avalanche never existed so when they reintroduce it, everyone can act surprised and say "it's all new!" If you think about it, Chevy doesn't need to sell us on the concept (duh), it needs to sell other people on it too. The people who don't care about heritage.
And they need to actually market it this time around.

GM posted a photo of the concept truck on Facebook. Most of the comments are either "its ugly" or "is that an Avalanche?" lol

Let me know what you think?

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/11/silverado-high-desert-concept-brings-exhaust-brakes-styling-sema-2014/

Hello, I know I'm new but I have been following this site since my first AV back in 2003. I too would like to see a new AV. However, if this is all GM will do I will buy one.

Wow, took you a while to post.  :laugh:  Seriously though, glad to have you join the conversation.  (y)  :wave:

Beat me to it!  Been browsing the Jalopnik comments on this thing all day; seems very much love/hate...as was the Avalanche.

I dig it.  But would be much more interested if the sail panels / side pockets appeared on a V8 Colorado...

If it makes it to production and is available on the 2500HD platform with a dmax. It will be my next truck.

Back