• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2006 AV Z71 Rusted Rocker Panels

scandrew

underside of both rocker panels have started to rust through.  Where is the best place to get slip on rocker covers ?  When I call some of these places they tell me I have to get a suburban rocker and cut out the old.  No cladding in this AV.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Never heard of a slip on panel, but your best bet is to go ahead and get the entire panel and cut of the rusted part and patch in the new panel.

scandrew said:
underside of both rocker panels have started to rust through.  Where is the best place to get slip on rocker covers ?   When I call some of these places they tell me I have to get a suburban rocker and cut out the old.  No cladding in this AV.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Ours did the same thing on the 02, and I looked for a year to try and find a slip on replacement piece. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any direct slip on replacements . Several body shops offered to custom make both sides as well as fix the rusting rear quarter panels and the front fenders to the tune of $3000  :mad: Instead of fixing it with 174k miles, we opted to trade for the '13. Man I miss the 02  :(

Back